Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best way to respond?

Default Whats the best way to respond?

Whats the best way to respond if: someone catches you either buying, possessing or wearing diapers? Hows the best way to respond to someone saying "hey I here you like to wear diapers, whats up with that". Do you think it is best to be honest and try to explain the reason? I understand it has a lot to do of the type of person you are talking to, but I am just trying to get some ideas here, just in case.

Well, getting caught and having someone approach you to ask if you like diapers are two very different matters. There is always the panic of bumping into someone at the store while you're buying them; if that happens, most would recommend: deny, deny, deny. It would be wise to enter the store excuse-in-mind: buying these for a relative, etc.

As for someone coming up to you and asking if you were an ABDL, like you said, it all depends on the person. For someone to be that forward and call you out, it would concern me. I would think that if it was a friend, they'd either be very discrete or give you your privacy and keep quiet. It's up to you if you want to reveal that side of you, but be prepared to deal with the consequences.

I would recommend trying to avoid either of these situations coming up altogether. ^_^ Regardless, it's your life and what people think of it is their deal.

You know, i haven't had to confront it entirely before, and hardly confront it in little ways either. But i would say, make sure whatever you say, you say it as if everything was completely normal. My alibi i plan on using if somebody asks me what i am buying diapers for, is that i have a family member who can't go out and get them themselves, however if somebody that i actually knew saw me buying them, then i think i might just fess up to wearing them, now weather or not i fess up to liking to wear them would be entirely up to how well the conversation goes. That's my plan anyhow, its all theory right now though.

Umm for the first part I'd just say that my mom is going to a baby shower and needed me to pick up some diapers (as long as they're baby diapers) and if someone just randomly asked me I'd lie and be all like,
    "Huh? WTF? Who told you that?"
    "Johnny says that you told him you liked wearing diapers"
    "Johnny is an idiot, can you believe anything he says"
    "not really, no"
    Crisis averted...I play it cool, if it was a really close friend then I'd tell them, but just a friend, ya they ain't gettin nothin outta me. :P

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well, you are really asking 3 different questions ;

*What if someone catching me wearing diapers?
    *What if someone catching me buying diapers?
    *What if someone catching me possessing diapers? (which in it's self might have location specific answers)

Each of the above questions can have - as far as i can tell - 4 different responses depending on who caught you (Friend, Stranger, Family member, Your children).
    In addition each answer can differ depending on your own personality. I will attempt to answer each question with each response above. But before i do allow me to give you a brief description of my personality - I am very shy (to the point of being anti-social) when around 'new' people in a situation in which i am expected to socialize like parties. But in crowded stores or gun shows i don't feel shy at all, while i am mindful of how i look and act i don't really pay much attention to how people around me act towards me. When in office or family settings i am the opposite of being shy, I do things for the simple purpose of making people tilt their heads and ask "why" or "what the" - almost to the point of being bubbly.

With that in mind here is how i would approach each situation (also keeping in mind that my in-the-moment responses may differ as i wouldn't have time to think as i do now).

What if someone catching me wearing diapers?
    -Friend: I may try to pass it off as a temporary medical need. or tell the truth depending on how i gauge my friend's open-mindendness .
    -Stranger: I will probably tell him/her that i just like wearing diapers and leave it at that. Its a stranger - what do i care what he/she thinks.
    -Family: I will tell him/her that i am a AB and have been for as long as i can remember (aka the truth).
    -Children: I will probably tell them the truth.

What if someone catching me buying diapers?
    -Friend: Same as above - or i may pass it off as a purchase for a grandparent.
    -Stranger: Same as above altho if i am in a cheerful mood i may say its a medical need and mess with them a little bit by diving in to great detail about the exact nature of this "medical need".
    -Family: Same as above.
    -Children: same as above.

What if someone catching me possessing diapers? (at home living alone)
    -Friend: I may just tell the truth if the diapers are staged in a way that i cant pass it off as being a family members.
    -Stranger: Tell the truth.
    -Family: I might try to pass it off as being my GF's if i cant just say it's a friends.
    -Children: Well im not living alone now am i? I may just say its a friends.

What if someone catching me possessing diapers? (while travailing)
    -Friend: I will just say i bought it for a family member.
    -Stranger: Tell the truth.
    -Family: I will tell them its for a friend.
    -Children: Its for grandpa (or a friend).

Now i have never been caught while wearing/possessing/or buying diapers so i cant say with any certainty that my responses will remain the same as above if i am caught. Hope this was helpful.

Yes it was very helpful thanks for taking the time to type all that out.

I like to be honest but if I am really embarrassed I easily lie than be honest. Sure I might tell the truth to a stranger. I'll never see them again so their thoughts wouldn't matter. If it was someone I knew, I'd say they were for my grandmother. My son, I have no idea what I would tell him. The truth or just say I need them and hopefully he won't ask any further questions.
    Last edited by Calico; 01-Oct-2011 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Whats the best way to respond if: someone catches you either buying, possessing or wearing diapers? Hows the best way to respond to someone saying "hey I here you like to wear diapers, whats up with that". Do you think it is best to be honest and try to explain the reason? I understand it has a lot to do of the type of person you are talking to, but I am just trying to get some ideas here, just in case.
    Honestly, I pay it no recognition. The thing about this is that you're only guilty in YOUR mind. The person observing you generally has no clue WHY you are buying your diapers. Not unless you A_ tell them or B_ display anything overtly obvious about your fetish. Such as being dressed up like a baby being pushed through the store in a stroller by your "mommy".

Most people in society, unless they are either curious or ass holes won't bring the subject up of "hey, I hear you wear diapers, whats up with that?" as you suggest. Most people find the subject to be very personal, and very (possibly) embarrassing for you so in polite society, they just simply won't mention it. Nearly all clerks at stores, and pharmacies won't bring it up either as it could be construed as invasive and bad customer service. That could get them fired. In drug stores specifically the purchase of diapers as pertaining to a medical condition either real or implied violates HIPPA standards and thus by law they aren't allowed to discuss their observations with anyone period.

At the end of the day, if you don't make a big deal out of it... neither will anyone else.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    Umm for the first part I'd just say that my mom is going to a baby shower and needed me to pick up some diapers (as long as they're baby diapers)
    Just a little helpful hint on your idea of an excuse. When throwing a baby shower, most of the time, the baby is either A) a newborn or B) not born yet (the mother is still pregnant). In which instance, pampers size 7 (or whatever else you have that fits YOU) is not really going to hold much water (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by FallenDark View Post
    In drug stores specifically the purchase of diapers as pertaining to a medical condition either real or implied violates HIPPA standards and thus by law they aren't allowed to discuss their observations with anyone period.
    Wow, someone knows about HIPPA, and how to shut down nosy people! Impressive! That is why I am not afraid of being questioned by the cashier at Wal Greens. All I have ever had in mind to say to anyone whom I didn't want them knowing was: "They're for someone else, someone you don't know"
    Ever since I've been buying diapers, I've never ever had to say anything to anyone for an excuse.

Just incase anyone was curious:
    HIPPA means: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
    In hospitals or other healthcare facilities, a HIPPA violation is a SERIOUS matter. That means if someone talks about you to anyone else who doesn't need to know, they can easily be fired for it.

If I'm caught buying them I would use one of three responses (and I've mentioned this several times on the site before):
    * "Oh I'm buying it for a school project"
    * "Oh it's a costume for a film I'm making"
    * "If I told you, I'd have to kill you"