Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upset tummy tonight

Default Upset tummy tonight

... oh well, guess here is an advantage of being a DL ...

Not into messing at all, just not my thing, however, when things may be a little beyond my control I can just about accept it ...

Hopefully will be ok now, but just in case will be off to bed nicely wrapped up ...

M

I hope that good nights sleep will do you good and that you feel better soon

I know exactly what you mean. A few days ago I had stomach problems too, and although I am not into messing, and neither did I actually mess, it was very comforting to know that I had protection just in case.

I've never been ill to the point that I couldn't control my bowels. I think if I was that ill the thought of the clean up, whilst feeling lousy, would probably be enough to make me use the toilet though.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I've never been ill to the point that I couldn't control my bowels.
    I have, once (Norovirus). Given that it means you might want to be messing and throwing up at the same time, I think that the reservations might well give way to the practicalities of the situation.

Artie

Try taking Vancomycin intravenously to kill MRSA in bone marrow. Besides making you want to shoot yourself in the stomach to maybe ease the pain it causes, it also renders you functionally bowel-IC. Diapers become a life-saver in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Try taking Vancomycin intravenously to kill MRSA in bone marrow. Besides making you want to shoot yourself in the stomach to maybe ease the pain it causes, it also renders you functionally bowel-IC. Diapers become a life-saver in that instance.
    Ouch. What's MRSA?

MRSA - PubMed Health

It's basically a Staph infection that's resistant to most of the drugs that would ordinarily kill it, meaning it's a big concern anyway because there are only a couple of drugs that'll do it (Clyndomycin and Vancomycin are the only two I can think of, but there are only three or four total that can even do it). I had open fractures in my left leg after my bicycle versus red-light-running SUV accident (bones were sticking out of my leg), which allowed MRSA to get into the bone marrow. After six weeks of Clyndomycin mostly but not entirely cleared it up, they put me on Vancomycin intreveniously for two weeks. Drugs that powerful kill pretty much everything they come into contact with, including the "good bacteria" that normally lives in your digestive tract and help you digest food. On the upside, though, they did nuke the MRSA, too.

Thank you for the kind thoughts, are well now, and no messy nappy, so a big relief.
    Kindest regards,

M