Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: getting paid $150,000 to wear diapers

Default getting paid $150,000 to wear diapers

Title says it all, a lady got paid to wear diapers. If only

Woman Felt Forced to Wear Diapers to Work | NBC Philadelphia

You do realize that she was forced to wear them and the 150K is her suing the construction company, right?

WarrenW

Shoot, I'll do it for free!

Wow, I would wear them in a heart beat. I could get the thickest ones possible like Bambino or Abri so they hold a lot. They be work diapers only. But I guess that be so easy because I am a DL.

...I fail to see how anyone would want to be in her position. Being forced to wear a diaper to work while doing manual labour no less? If my employer placed me in that kind of environment I'd be suing too.

You guys did read the article, right? Right?

Here's the real question. Would you feel right with taking the 150,000 dollar settlement if it was you? I'm not sure if I would because I'd be getting the money under false pretenses since it isn't humiliating to me(well before it became public it wouldn't be humiliating, after it is splashed in the news it would be)

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheWriter View Post
    Here's the real question. Would you feel right with taking the 150,000 dollar settlement if it was you? I'm not sure if I would because I'd be getting the money under false pretenses since it isn't humiliating to me(well before it became public it wouldn't be humiliating, after it is splashed in the news it would be)
    If you didn't have a problem with it, then you wouldn't be sueing in the first place.

I could still sue with a clear conscious because it was forced. I sometimes enjoy nonconsentual consent but being forced is not appealing.

Looks like an element of common sense crept in - I think the lady concerned probably showed some courage in resisting the pressure from the employers - it is a bit simplistic for them to say "no one was ever denied" toilet breaks when they must have known there were no toilets on site - and mew were peeing where they could. The firm settled for a sum that is not excessive (as I understand US claims) and she accepted the sum offered - here in the UK it would have been both a breach of employment regulations and (I guess) a sex discrimination matter.