Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Specific diapers for specific occasions

Cool Specific diapers for specific occasions

So I'm curious, are there folks out there who reserve specific diapers (brands) for special/specific occasions and won't wear them casually?

For myself, I prefer to wear Tena Classic, Tena Classic Plus or Attends Breathable for casual times, such as sleeping, riding my bike, in class, etc. However, when I am going to the movies, relaxing, road tripping or going out to a restaurant/pub, I prefer Molicare, Abena X-Plus or Attends Extended Wear. Part of it is due to the fact that the latter brands are more expensive, so I reserve them for particular occasions only.

Furthermore, I like to wear plastic-backed diapers whenever the mood strikes, such as when I play video games or watch movies, be they at home or in the theater.

I usually try to avoid using diapers around my close friends, except for when we go to see a movie. I never go bowling in diapers either, for the bulk would negatively affect my step and posture.

Anyone else have similar sentiments?

Hmm... I've never considered bowling in diapers, because my approach is bad enough as it is and I don't want anything else to lower my average XD

I'm reserving my more... premium diapers for the ACT this year... it'll be worth it in the end XD

Well when I plan to go out somewhere and I am in the mood to wear diapers I tend to wear my Walgreens Certainty brand because it's not very obvious and doesn't make tons of noise. However when I'm at home (or at my boyfriend's house) I tend to enjoy Bambinos a bit more.

It also depends if I'm in a very babyish mood or not. I might not wear Bambinos at home if I'm not in the mood to have something so big on.

Hm if I ordered adult nappies with babyish prints on them, which are a lot more expensive with shipping and all, compared to "regular" adult ones, I would definitely save them for special occasions. Like, I'd wear them when someone special is around to show them off to.

When I am just wearing casually and know that I can change easily or will be wearing for a short time I will just wear a Depends. But if I am going hunting or to a show I will wear a Tranquility ATN because they can hold more.

Yeah I will wear Tena Slip as a casual diaper. I had ABU superdry kids and Cushies, I would always wear them on special occasions only, due to expense. I also wear pullups mostly in the day time specially if I want to wear to work the pullups are easier to hide than the Tena

Maybe not exactly specific occasions, but I like to have a variety and their attributes are on my mind when I choose what I'm going to wear. If I'm not intending to wear for a long time or I want something discreetly thin, Depends Fitted Maximum Protection are going to look a lot better than a Bambino or a Dry 24/7. I find that thinner diapers tend to deal better with periods of activity (less material to fall and clump), so that can be a factor as well. The heavier, thicker ones are better if I'm not doing a whole lot.

For day to day wearing under work clothes (suit trousers), I tend to stick with Tena pullups. If I'm wearing jeans in "normal" company I'll wear Attends Active, as they're quite slim and can be concealed well. If I'm with people who KNOW I'm wearing, I'll wear Tena Slip Maxi, which are also what I tend to sleep in. I also have a stash of Bambinos for when I want to be properly babyish, again generally with amenable company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelionwine View Post
    Hm if I ordered adult nappies with babyish prints on them, which are a lot more expensive with shipping and all, compared to "regular" adult ones, I would definitely save them for special occasions.

I had ABU superdry kids and Cushies, I would always wear them on special occasions only, due to expense.
    Indeed, I have ordered ABU Super Dry Kids and Cushies before, however, I prefer the former just because they are certainly more economical than Cushies for some inexplicable reason. Plus, Cushies are way too sophomoric for my tastes.

When I wear these types, I reserve them almost exclusively for wearing around the house, on instances when I am feeling particularly carefree/lazy, such as spring or winter break from school. I'll typically do something that I enjoyed when I was younger, such as playing SNES or Colecovision, or old computer games on my Power Mac from '96.

I try to chose the right protection for the apropriate amount of time I intend to stay in them without a change.
    So night diapers for night: Molicare super, Tena Super or Abriform X-plus.
    Day diapers are Tena Ultra usually.

I might wear pullups sometime if I want the protection with a quick option to go to the toilet.

So for me, the occaction is more a factor of time spent without being able to change and bulk if I go outside.