Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New love for my blanky?

Default New love for my blanky?

I've seen threads about blanky's but not so much in the AB category. My question is, have you guys ever found yourself building a love for your blanky? I just found myself tonight needing to rub my blanky next to my face; sleep with it and such. Anyone else find their random attachment to, well... anything similar and *B/DL related?

Yeahp, i love my blankie too, it could sound weird, but i cant sleep without it, i must take it everywhere so i must be carefull =P its a baby blanky so if someone found it... But i take the risk because its important for me =)

I'm. Not attached to a particular one just as long as it has silk edges I'm good .. if I don't have my silk I can't sleep .. after me gf found this out she went n got me a new blanket with silk edges n a silk sheet set .. so I'm set up now lol

Quote Originally Posted by pleasantlypampered View Post
    I'm. Not attached to a particular one just as long as it has silk edges I'm good .. if I don't have my silk I can't sleep .. after me gf found this out she went n got me a new blanket with silk edges n a silk sheet set .. so I'm set up now lol
    wish my g/f would buy me a silk edged blanky.... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by pleasantlypampered View Post
    Sounds exactly like the blanket I had when I was little. I was so attached to it, when I wore the first one out at nine, my mon bought me a new one that I hung onto until twelve.

Oddly enough, I don't have an attachment to a blankie anymore. However, whenever I cub, I like to get under a 'tie' blanket my wife made me that is covered with pictures of road sign and such.

I also have a special attachment to my blanky. I have had it since I was born, I use it while regressing, and can't sleep very well without it. I remember that when I temporarily lost it at summer camp in 5th grade, I cried so much. Thankfully, I found it about an hour after I lost it.

Also, when I decided not to bring my blanky to my middle school overnight trip to Disneyland (out of an unfortunately legitimate concern that I would have been made fun of), I had the worst sleep in my life and didn't fall asleep until 3 AM which made my mean classmates even more angry at me. The worst part is that with the limited sleep that I got, I had a horrible nightmare. Of course, the limited sleep I got was easily countered with three cups of coffee. Unfortunately, the lack of comfort and security was not able to be countered with anything.

My blanky is not in very good condition, but I love it all the same. It looks like it was shot at with an MG42, then run over by a truck. It has been repaired multiple times.

I slept with my blanky before I even realized that I was a TBDL. I used to be ashamed of it, but once I accepted myself as a TBDL, I was okay with sleeping with a blanky at night. I recently told my girlfriend about sleeping with a blanky at night, and she told me she sleeps with one too.

Quote Originally Posted by BandNerd View Post
    I also have a special attachment to my blanky. I have had it since I was born, I use it while regressing, and can't sleep very well without it. I remember that when I temporarily lost it at summer camp in 5th grade, I cried so much. Thankfully, I found it about an hour after I lost it.

Also, when I decided not to bring my blanky to my middle school overnight trip to Disneyland (out of an unfortunately legitimate concern that I would have been made fun of), I had the worst sleep in my life and didn't fall asleep until 3 AM which made my mean classmates even more angry at me. The worst part is that with the limited sleep that I got, I had a horrible nightmare. Of course, the limited sleep I got was easily countered with three cups of coffee. Unfortunately, the lack of comfort and security was not able to be countered with anything.

My blanky is not in very good condition, but I love it all the same. It looks like it was shot at with an MG42, then run over by a truck. It has been repaired multiple times.

I slept with my blanky before I even realized that I was a TBDL. I used to be ashamed of it, but once I accepted myself as a TBDL, I was okay with sleeping with a blanky at night. I recently told my girlfriend about sleeping with a blanky at night, and she told me she sleeps with one too.
    It seems that you love your blanky too much =)

My blanky is actually my original cot bumper! It's over 20 years old, has been slept with religiously every night, repatched and 'reskinned', taken to secondary school, been on every family holiday, been my sole companion on my first trip abroad and so much more. I'd move heaven and earth for that thing...

Like the other poster I also loved my blanky long before realising I might be *BDL. I was never ashamed of that though. It's one aspect of my life that everyone in the family is well aware of.

I lost my blanky once at around age 8 or 9 and refused point blank to leave the house till I'd found it. Eventually spotted that it had slipped off the kitchen table (it used to come to breakfast with us ) and gone behind the fridge/freezer. Despite my age I actually managed to shift a full size, fully stocked, American style fridge/freezer a good foot or so before my parents realised that I'd found it and came to help.