Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my Molicare Super Plus sample yeseterday...

halfblind79

Default Just got my Molicare Super Plus sample yeseterday...

I haven't tried it yet, but I have a question. Is this a two-part diaper system? The reason I ask is because there's seems to be more samples than what I had thought there would be. I got 1 sample pack each of the medium and large sizes, yet there seems to be more than 2 of each (one set is thicker than the other).

I'll post pics when I can. But I haven't been this confused since FOX cancelled Party of Five and Space: Above and Beyond.

They work the same as any other diaper. If you're saying you have 2 mediums and 2 larges, and one set of mediums and larges is thicker than the other set, then my guess is that you got sent two different absorbancies.

Depends on who you ordered from. XP normally does 2 of super/superplus per size.

halfblind79

I did get my sample pack from XP Medical. So which one do I use? The super or super plus? Which one is the thicker one? Should I bother with the thinner one? etc etc.
    Last edited by halfblind79; 23-Sep-2011 at 18:58. Reason: New questions

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    They are all diapers, wear them.
    True...

The Super Plus are obviously thickest, but both that and the Super are pretty absorbent. Not as much as an Abena, Bambino, or Dry 24/7, but still quite good. I never really cared for them much because purple isn't my thing, and I always found the front of the diaper to feel stiff and cardboard-y. Haven't worn them in about a year though, so can't comment if they've changed.

halfblind79

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    They are all diapers, wear them.
    Not exactly helpful, but thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    True...

The Super Plus are obviously thickest, but both that and the Super are pretty absorbent. Not as much as an Abena, Bambino, or Dry 24/7, but still quite good. I never really cared for them much because purple isn't my thing, and I always found the front of the diaper to feel stiff and cardboard-y. Haven't worn them in about a year though, so can't comment if they've changed.
    Not that I'm going for any kind of rude remark, sarcasm, etc, but this why I don't go by personal recommendations. They're almost always biased in some way, even my own truthfully. Many folks say bad things about one brand or another, and most of the time it's based on bad experiences, never by what may or may not have gone wrong or right. So... I'll try the Molicares, see how I like 'em, etc, but I'm gonna keep going with my Depend brand for now until I find the right brand that fits me, fits my budget, and fits my lifestyle. No offense to anyone who has so far given me constructive help, but seriously, I think at this point, it's a personal preference sort of thing. What some may like, others may hate and vice versa.

Anyway, thanks though for everyone's input.

Quote Originally Posted by halfblind79 View Post
    I did get my sample pack from XP Medical. So which one do I use? The super or super plus? Which one is the thicker one? Should I bother with the thinner one? etc etc.
    I got this sample pack about a month ago, so I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't believe you actually have two different sizes, it's much more plausible you have two different types.

The smaller/less thick diaper is the Molicare Super Air Active. That's a bit of a mouthful, but basically it's a thinner, more discreet diaper with elastic tapes (Which i though worked great!) and the breathable cloth-like wings. Understand it's just the wings that are cloth, the rest of the cover is a smooth plastic.

Obviously this means the larger, bulkier diaper is the Super Plus. It should be a good bit thicker than the plus and is one of more premium of the adult diaper brands, although I don't think it's as popular as some of the others in the community.

If you're looking to be more sure, go check out my album in the gallery, I took extensive pictures of the samples I received. In any case, pick whichever one you prefer to wear first and get diapered!

Quote Originally Posted by halfblind79 View Post
    I haven't been this confused since FOX cancelled <snip> Space: Above and Beyond.
    Hehe... When they used 'lightyear' as a unit of time, I knew I could never watch it again! Apparently, the scientific acumen of the screenwriters improved after that, but it was too late for me.

Well, back to the topic...

halfblind79

Quote Originally Posted by adjutantreflex View Post
    I got this sample pack about a month ago, so I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't believe you actually have two different sizes, it's much more plausible you have two different types.

The smaller/less thick diaper is the Molicare Super Air Active. That's a bit of a mouthful, but basically it's a thinner, more discreet diaper with elastic tapes (Which i though worked great!) and the breathable cloth-like wings. Understand it's just the wings that are cloth, the rest of the cover is a smooth plastic.

Obviously this means the larger, bulkier diaper is the Super Plus. It should be a good bit thicker than the plus and is one of more premium of the adult diaper brands, although I don't think it's as popular as some of the others in the community.

If you're looking to be more sure, go check out my album in the gallery, I took extensive pictures of the samples I received. In any case, pick whichever one you prefer to wear first and get diapered!
    adjutantreflex, THAT was more what the response I was looking for and I appreciate your candid explanation. I'll be sure to check out both the Super Air Active and the Super Plus. They both sound good, but hopefully one will fit better than the Depend. My weight has sort of gone up in the last three years, and I've noticed it's getting harder to use that brand. '