Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding Bedwetting from Parents

Default Hiding Bedwetting from Parents

See posts where someone claims they wet the bed and their parents donít know. Is this for real? As a child there were many times I didnít want my mother to know. But I was trapped, there was no way I could hide the wetness, had to tell her. Actually, a couple times I tried, simply made my bed pretending all was fine. Was shocked the first night after, bed was still wet and smell was stronger! In time it dried out, but the stain and smell were a dead gave away. When asked, I confessed. Anyone?

There are 2 ways that i might be able to get away with wetting the bed; wear a diaper and keep a supply of small garbage bags handy, and in the morning put the wet diaper in the bag and put that in my backpack and once im at school i would throw the bag away in the first trash can i could find (or maybe one in the bathroom). But if i was unable to get away with hidding diapers i would still keep trash bags handy, and i would either buy a plastic liner for my bed or cut up the trash bags and use that (and duct tape) as the liner. Then in the morning i would replace the sheets and blankets and hid the wet ones until i was able to do a load of laundry. (Not being in school or living with parents any more this is purely speculatory)

But there is a third option - When i was young i went to a 4 week summer camp(Talisman i think), while there i developed a bed wetting problem, about half way though the camp i was able to control it by stopping all of my liquid intake after 5 pm. This basically stopped my bed wetting. There is a side effect that i experienced - I was very thirsty every night for the 2 weeks that was left. Being thirsty was easy to hide, wet beds at a summer camp in a cabin with 7(or 3) other boys was not.

Or you could just confess and ask for help. Your parents might even supply you with free diapers or they might send you to some camp or school to help you - which could be annoying.

Hope this helped.

BabyJayk

In my case it wasn't so much a case of parents not knowing and as it was them not wanting to admit that I did. I eventually stopped. Then it resurfaced again after I got hurt. Point being I am sure that at least a few TB's/AB's on here had parents that were in denial.

Point being that there is probably a very small number here that actually managed to hide their bed wetting. I know for sure my Mom knew about mine considering she used to wash my sheets the morning after. Some people might have just set their alarm super early and wash the bed clothes themselves.

A layer of puppy training pads under the sheet helps, too. The sheet still needs to be washed, but the pads will protect the mattress. I use them for protection in case I leak and also because my cats occasionally urinate on my bed. The cats also provide an excuse for having the pads.

Even if you are not in a diaper the "human" equivalent of a puppy training pad can hold a lot of pee. The ones I have to use are quite big and comfy on top of the sheet. They roll up small and are easy to dispose of. Many diaper maufacturers make them in the 60X90cm. size and they can be discrete - I fold mine up and put it under my pillow if it hasn't got wet.

if you can get hold of nappies its really quite easy: wake up wet, nappy in plastic bag that was handily in bedside table, off to shower, smiggle bag in handbag out of house to car etc and put it in a bin subtley

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOne View Post
    A layer of puppy training pads under the sheet helps, too. The sheet still needs to be washed, but the pads will protect the mattress. I use them for protection in case I leak and also because my cats occasionally urinate on my bed. The cats also provide an excuse for having the pads.
    With cats doing that I do suggest a spray bottle to train the cats which would detour them from wanting to do such a thing. Even a squirt gun should work.

Back on to subject. If your parents are not what is called a "Queen Victorian" which is basically some one who shuns bed wetting. I would go to them and let them know about it. The human body is frail and finicky constantly needing some help and attention and care and nourishment. The bladder is even more of a fragile organ even for it being a muscle. So try talking to your parents.

Tell them "Hey guys. I know that this will shock you but I have been wetting my bed for quite some time now and I am tired of cleaning it up." You could show them what you are talking about too. If they are in the right of mind yes they will take you to the doctor and see what needs to be done. And you will probably go through some tests and such. And who knows perhaps you will be getting some diapers to wear to bed and early in the morning. Which I do hope that you will be able to iron things out.

All the best!
    Alex

Hi

I could only give you the advice to talk to your parents. They love you and care for you. I told my parents when my bedwetting started at the age of 16, and the things chaged to the better for me. My bedwetting did not stop, but it is easier when you do not have to hide everything and the doctor should check it up maybe he can help you.

Annie from Austria, Europe

It is possible, I hid it from my mom for 6 years! It was actually simple, if you wear diapers, and buy underpads, and just throw them away like a ninja in the morning, all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    Even if you are not in a diaper the "human" equivalent of a puppy training pad can hold a lot of pee. The ones I have to use are quite big and comfy on top of the sheet. They roll up small and are easy to dispose of. Many diaper maufacturers make them in the 60X90cm. size and they can be discrete - I fold mine up and put it under my pillow if it hasn't got wet.
    I have a disabled brother, and we actually get the underpads (specifically these) and they do work quite well.
    As for trying to hide it, I would tell your parents, if they have you go to a doctor, it could be a long, somewhat painful road, but in the end, it's better to get a problem solved, then let it potentially get worse, and cause more damage and more headaches down the road.
    That's just my opinion, but the final choice is up to you.