Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there such thing as a good pull on?

Default Is there such thing as a good pull on?

For those of you who don't know, Goodnites Boxers where discontinued. I know a lot of people hated them but I loved them because they held a lot and provided the advantages of a pull on. So I stocked up on them but it feels wrong to use them.

So I'm looking for something to replace them. I have access to most brands locally (including most likely Abena), but would prefer not to order online since I live with my parents (I could pull it off if I need to). I think one thing that I would prefer would be plastic backing, since plastic leg gatherers work much better than cloth like. Any ideas?

My favorite pull ons of all time are the tranquility nighttime ones. They're a little expensive, but they have amazing absorbancy, and they still have that diaper feel.

I know you said that you didn't want to order on-line, but these are the only good pull ons that I found worthy of checking out.

Tranquility Premium Overnight Disposable Absorbent Underwear e-Special Needs

And here's a link to get a free sample also. You can do it twice and they will send you 4 free diapers.

Diaper Request Form

I have never found any disposable pull up to be any good, the only decent pull ups are the terry toweling ones. (In my opinion)

My favourite pull-ups are Tena Ultimate Extra, they hold about 2 wettings at most, maybe 3 smaller ones.

They are super comfy and soft though.

This is something that I have been wondering as well. I was looking at the Tranquility and Abena brands for their reputation (and personal experience) with their diapers. The thing that I find unique in them, is that they seem to be the only ones with leak guards. I could, and probably am, wrong in stating that but I can't find any other brands that advertise this. I would love to find a nice pull-up style that I can wear while being active or in crowds and so on that I could trust with a decent wetting and no leaks at least. Something like that is also a heck of a lot easier to be discreet about when changing too.

oh yeah agree about being discreet and plus there not exactly noticeable i mean look like a normal 18 year old in my wc.

If you like the boxers you might want to try belted undergarments. Although they are not a common as they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by twtw View Post
    For those of you who don't know, Goodnites Boxers where discontinued. I know a lot of people hated them but I loved them because they held a lot and provided the advantages of a pull on. So I stocked up on them but it feels wrong to use them.

So I'm looking for something to replace them. I have access to most brands locally (including most likely Abena), but would prefer not to order online since I live with my parents (I could pull it off if I need to). I think one thing that I would prefer would be plastic backing, since plastic leg gatherers work much better than cloth like. Any ideas?
    It really depends on what you plan to do. Most pull-ons will take *a* wetting, some better than others. I have to agree with turtlei in that the Tranquility overnights are probably best.
    The biggest problem I've found, though, is the lack of a tight fit. This is particularly important if you want to wet more than once or sit down in any way. Almost every pull-on diaper I've tried leak around the legs / bum if I sit down.

I personally find them to be more of a hassle than an old fashioned tape-on - weak absorbancy, weak leg gathers, and the need to take off my pants to put it on. What is it about the pull-ons that you particularly enjoy?

What about the standards Goodnites underwear? If you were a fan of the boxers, wouldn't the underwear version be equally good from your perspective?

Suggest you at least try the Depends colored pull-ons. They work well for me and are readily available. I can get two good pees and no leaks.