Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The End of the World

Default The End of the World

Many think the the end of the world would be December 12 2012 as from what i heard, I am a bit skeptical on that since several years ago Scientists had already predicted that the world would end in the year 2000 i think it was calling it Y2K but yet the world never ended then. But yet every year winter keeps coming earlier and is getting more colder. I Don't really belive the world would end in 2012 but I think the world may end far later then that. But Since being on this subject, what would you do when the world comes to an end? What would your last words be? Would you make any changes for yourself before the end or would you think of the past and see what you could have changed about yourself so you could live a better life? Every 2 seconds 16 people die and when you go to sleep at night over 16,000,000 people have died either from car accident, from birth, from their own saddness, from drugs, ect. Almost every day there is a sad person that is walking by not feeling any care at all and alot of times we'd ignore that person and not do anything when we're with our friends or just simply couldnt find that courage to say anything. From what i learned is just showing a little bit of care for a person can change there life forever and may even save them from ending it. They say life is like climbing up a mountain somtimes you would start to slide down as you climb but when you finally reach the top you would see something beautiful. Would you have that curage to save ones life from falling off that mountain and help them reach the top with you?

The main question is what would you do when the world comes to an end? What would your last words be? Would you make any changes for yourself before the end or would you think of the past and see what you could have changed about yourself so you could live a better life?

When the world comes to end I would have all my friends near me and stand tall side by side accepting fate and enjoy life as it lasts.

I like the sentiment you give at the end - spending time with friends, but I know for a fact that many of my friends would put "get laid one last time/ for the first time" as their last thing to do.

I honestly have no idea what I'd do for my last action, but it would probably be really lame and mundane, just to be different from everyone else doing all this exciting stuff around me. Then I'd be the only sane looking person in town - makes a change

I'd be surrounded by my partner, my friends and the family that accept me for as I am.

But no, I don't believe anything will happen that will cause "the end of the world" in 2012.
    /insert statement about North Korea here

Mulic

theres been tonnes of "the world will end!" for ages, Because a callander ended? well it had to end sometime, theyre not gonna keep writing it to make you feel safe

Are we talking about what would we do if we thought the world would end, or in this scenario do we know the world is going to end on that day?

If it's the first one, then I would do nothing different, that way when nothing happened I wouldn't feel stupid for having done something crazy or whatever. If it's the latter one then I guess the better question is "what wouldn't you do?". If I had a 100% guarantee that the world would end on 12/12/12 then I imagine I would go a little crazy. Remember when Peter thought the world was going to end on Family Guy and he went to the zoo with a shotgun and stole a lion? That's the kind of stuff I would do.

If I had anything on my "bucket list" that I'd deemed to crazy or stupid, you bet your ass it'd be gettin' done. Knowing the world was ending would spur me to want to go out in a blaze of glory on my terms, not at the behest of the Earth. I know this probably sounds like an immature post, but it really isn't. I look at it this way, I've spent my life with my friends and loved ones, but I've never base jumped off a skyscraper, so I'm gonna bail on my loved ones and go do something crazy. Plus the fact, my friends and family would expect no less than that from me, so it's not really that big a deal.

That 2012 thing always made me chuckle, my philosophy on that? The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 so we will end. If this is true, then why they all dead? They should have made that calendar a little shorter I guess.
    Wasn't there some religious thing a few months ago that was supposed to see Zombies come out of the ground and stuff? But nothing happened.

As for doing something crazy if it does happen? I'm one of thousands of people in my city. I'm sure their will be enough crazy sh*t going down that I will probably spend more time shooting a$$holes who are trying to loot me, harm me or rape my wife etc. I guess I will just sit on my roof in a big o'l cloth diaper (cause it will be cold in December) on a lawn chair with my .270Win helping those with crazy intentions meet the end a little quicker. Unless people are calm and at home spending their last moments with those they love, then I will do the same.

I think the only forseeable "end" of humanity is our star ("Sol") running out of hydrogen to burn and hence killing us all.

Even if the energy crisis is never solved... even if there is a worldwide nuclear war, I'm pretty sure a fair amount of people would still survive.

The actual planet has to die for us to die I think. We are too deep in. Too numerous and protected to face extinction.

dvid113

I can't remember what TV show this was from but it had the Mayans asking if this guy had finished the calandar yet and he said I'm up to 12/21/2012 and they're like oh just stop there, thats far enough... I hope people in the future don't think that's when the world ends... Or something like that... Please somebody clarify this for me XD

12/21/12 is a date made up by Sony productions for that movie 2012. I think there is a more precise date, but I'm pretty sure its up for debate on whether it is the actual date or not. Anyway, I don't think the world will just end on that date. Sure we're seeing signs of global warming, but it doesn't mean the world will end in about a year. We will have gone through much worse before the world deteriorates into unlivable conditions. In fact, I read somewhere that by the time Earth is no longer suitable for living, mankind will have already found the means to survive on another planet. Hell, California is long overdue for a big 10.0+ earthquake, but we haven't seen anything that shocking... yet.

However if the world were to end that day, I hope I'd be asleep while it happened so I wouldn't be so terrified. My theory is that ignorance is bliss and if you know of nothing to be scared of, then there is nothing to be scared of . If I was unfortunately awake, I'd probably do something sappy and gather with all my closest family and so how much I love them and that we will be together forever in the after life etc. etc. I hate chaos, and in a largely populated state, I will not be wanting to go much anywhere or do anything crazy and stupid.

Maybe we should start living everyday like its our last just to be safe...

Quote Originally Posted by DementiasKnight View Post
    If I had anything on my "bucket list" that I'd deemed to crazy or stupid, you bet your ass it'd be gettin' done. Knowing the world was ending would spur me to want to go out in a blaze of glory on my terms, not at the behest of the Earth. I know this probably sounds like an immature post, but it really isn't. I look at it this way, I've spent my life with my friends and loved ones, but I've never base jumped off a skyscraper, so I'm gonna bail on my loved ones and go do something crazy. Plus the fact, my friends and family would expect no less than that from me, so it's not really that big a deal.
    What he said.