Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper liners made from bath towels?

Unhappy Diaper liners made from bath towels?

So I went looking in the Wiki for liners you could make at home, but both the liners and doublers were made out of fleece, flannel, or terry cloth.

I don't really have that stuff laying around, and I'm thinking that fleece and flannel would be pretty scratchy on the nether regions.

I was thinking maybe using an old bath towel and doubling that. I figure I could make quite a few from one towel.

I was just worried that instead of wicking the pee away, it would just sit there and give him bad diaper rash. >_<

So, thoughts on the bath towel idea, and is there anything else I can out in there that could potentially be cheaper than store bought liners?

Because even if we can get diapers for 50 cents a piece, if we have to add liners that are 2 or 3 for a dollar, well, we might as well buy a $1 a piece diaper and save the trouble. Gah, being poor college students = t3h suck.

Darkfinn

What do you want to use the liners for? It is typically not advisable to mix cloth and disposable diapers.

If you want more absorbancy out of a disposable try doubleing them or just order some more absorbant ones from online.

I use those microfiber hand towels, I take 2 towels lay them on the floor and roll one side toward the center, and the roll the other side about the same.

This leaves a small gap in the center, which channels the urine into the towels, and out into the diapers, I like to wait and flood my diapers, and this works great.

I use the cheapie wally world diapers, this makes them much thicker, and lasts me all afternoon with multiple wettings.

I got them at sams club, by the car stuff they have regular terry towels and these about 10 bucks a pack for about 20 towels, I been useing the same 6, I use for months, and once and a while I toss them in the wash.

I rinse them out and hang them to dry, in the heat and sun they dry fast.
    Last edited by ballucanb; 11-Aug-2008 at 16:37.

Cloth diapers? I use folded towels between the diaper and the liner I got with it so I get nice soft cotton on the sensitive bits and lots of absorbency. Cloth does feel wetter but thats better! IMHO I've gone overnight in wet cloth a very many itmes with no issues. Too tight legs on the plastic pants will cause a problem long before wet cloth.

Nam

What do you want to use the liners for? It is typically not advisable to mix cloth and disposable diapers.

If you want more absorbency out of a disposable try doubling them or just order some more absorbent ones from online.
    NorthShore Care Supply: Tranquility ATN Fitted Briefs

Those. :P

redtails

a bath towel is made out of terry cloth most of the time so I don't see your problem? If you want a doubler so much then just take any old towel and stuff it in there in the way you prefer! and after that you can just wash it and it's fine for being reused, no worries whatsoever

When I think terry cloth I think of that really rich soft stuff they made high end robes out of. I just figured towels were plain old cotton.

But now that I think about it, terry is MADE from cotton??

Anyway, I guess I was just trying to think of cheap DISPOSABLE liners I could make at home.

Having to wash a load of those just doesn't sound fun. = /

redtails

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMommy View Post
    When I think terry cloth I think of that really rich soft stuff they made high end robes out of. I just figured towels were plain old cotton.

But now that I think about it, terry is MADE from cotton??

Anyway, I guess I was just trying to think of cheap DISPOSABLE liners I could make at home.

Having to wash a load of those just doesn't sound fun. = /
    Yeah read my article about it if you want to, terry cloth is a way of weaving cotton so it absorbs the most water possible, it's not a material

The whole point of cloth liners is that they're cheap in use because you just throw them in a bucket of water and soap afterwards and then you take them out, run them through the washingmachine and they're as good as new

Uhh.. the wiki has some info about disposable liners, my idea is to just buy a pack of large baby diapers, scissor of the sides and make holes in the plastic backing of it? that'll be your liner, a big baby diaper can sometimes hold a liter of the stuff

Darkfinn

Using infant diapers (size 5 or 6) as stuffers for adult diapers is an idea that has been around for a while. I've never personally tried it but I've heard that it works well.

I use them because they are reuseable, you only have to buy them once, it's bad enough that your buying a disposeable and throwing that away, you don't need to add more to the landfills, and I don't like paying twice for anything.

That is the trouble with the world today everybody want disposeable everything, nobody wants to do a little work, to save a few bucks, and all of the manufactueres are makeing prouducts to take advantage of this.

Save money while you can, someday you won't have to option to do this.