Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    oh yes....i remember this site...great stuff....but um..here we expect or i should say hope for some detail in introductions usually along the lines of hobbies and other stuff about your self...
    OOOO im sorry !!!

Ok about me well for im currently posted out in the middle east , mainly based in Kuwait (not a nice place for people who are different) but its all good the suns out everyday and its generally an ok place to be if you dont like alcohol or pork.

I have been a looong time in this community but am starting to make contact with like minded people

hobbies include , watching my wife spend wayyy too much of my hard earned cash !! travelling (have been everywhere) and where i can getting back to the uk to be with my family.

I have been recently diagnosed with crohns but my wife and i choose to have fun with the condition hence my ever expanding ab clothes which she finds adorable.

thats me in a nutshell sorry for the previous infraction (got too excited )

Quote Originally Posted by nikkibaby2007 View Post
    OOOO im sorry !!!

Ok about me well for im currently posted out in the middle east , mainly based in Kuwait (not a nice place for people who are different) but its all good the suns out everyday and its generally an ok place to be if you dont like alcohol or pork.

I have been a looong time in this community but am starting to make contact with like minded people

hobbies include , watching my wife spend wayyy too much of my hard earned cash !! travelling (have been everywhere) and where i can getting back to the uk to be with my family.

I have been recently diagnosed with crohns but my wife and i choose to have fun with the condition hence my ever expanding ab clothes which she finds adorable.

thats me in a nutshell sorry for the previous infraction (got too excited )
    its never to late to meet people in the community...im glad you wrote that awesome introduction.....nice to here you have found some one to share this with...i have as well....it makes life awesome...

Hi Nikkibaby,
    welcome to Adisc nice intro by the way. however I and a lot of other members like to get to know the person in the nappy, so why not tell us a little about your hobbies and interests, tastes in books, music and movies. If you need some inspiration have a look at https://www.adisc.org/forum/greeting...roduction.html as there are some good ideas in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCBaby View Post
    Hi Nikkibaby,
    welcome to Adisc nice intro by the way. however I and a lot of other members like to get to know the person in the nappy, so why not tell us a little about your hobbies and interests, tastes in books, music and movies. If you need some inspiration have a look at https://www.adisc.org/forum/greeting...roduction.html as there are some good ideas in it.
    I thought i just did ?

movies : i like all kinds of movies, however given the censorship out here in the middle east Harry Potter ended up being about 10 minutes long !!!

i build websites for free for people i feel need a break (hence my work with veryspecialclothes) i would like to add that i do this purely because i believe that some people who bring a great deal of joy into peoples lives deserve a break every now and again, and if you can help and you have the skills then you should !

I guess in some ways its my contribution to the ab/dl community. I also write a blog on the IBS support network about travelling with IBS and crohns disease and like to share my experiences and maybe help some people out where i can. Again i try to add a whimsical slant on dealing with being in nappies 24/7 because i know for some people who dont have that choice the situation can sometimes be fairly debilitating, more often than not , it doesn't need to be !

I mostly wear cloth nappies as i believe in trying to help the environment where possible.

As you can guess i like to help people, in fact my job has blessed me with many monetary advantages at a fairly young age but part and parcel of it is to ensure that troops in afghanistan , iraq and other places in this troubled region of the planet can actually get home to their families for the holidays without sacrificing any strategic advantage which has come at such a high price as we're all aware.

I hope that helps a little bit in understanding who and what im about.

I've moved your introduction and the replies to it here, so people aren't as confused.

Welcome to ADISC! Excellent introduction, by the way.

In your first post, you mentioned that you've traveled a lot. What country was your favorite to visit and why?

Looking forward to hearing back from you...

~HH

Now thats a very good question ! I like different places for different reasons i guess.

Vancouver and Canada for the snowboarding in the winter - champagne snow just cant be beaten at Whistler and Big White !!!
    Lebanon - for the beautiful Mediterranean coastline and the cosmopolitan atmosphere (ignore the politics !)
    Afghanistan - Odd one this but you will never see a more beautiful sunset the sun being hazed by the dust in the air means you can see detail you'd never even guess was there
    Maldives - Diving , Diving , Diving !!!
    Fiji - More Diving !!!!

But i guess my favourite place will always be the green green grass of home in the UK my house there overlooks some beautiful green fields and after being in the desert for so long i miss the rain

Thank you for the question and your comments the world is just too small these days to stay at home

Glad to hear you use cloth, I do at night, but during the day I use what the NHS provide me with here in the UK and yes wearing 24/7 for any reason can be a right pain. I cannot understand why any one in their right mind would want to be IC 24/7. Which is which is why I started this thread http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...e-want-ot.html.

As for Iraq and afghanistan I am an ex Royal Marine Commando, and the regiment has lost so many young 19/20 year olds, especially in Helmand Province that it is soul destroying. There are times I wish I was still in as I got a lot of practice with guerilla fighting and IED's in Northern ireland during the 70's and it's that sort of experience they lacked when they first got other there that cost a lot of lives and then commandos, being commandos decide to take the fight to the Taliban and that cost us more.