Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: songs that we can identify with

Default songs that we can identify with

Hi All,
    I came acroos this song today on another siote and I thinks it says a lot about some of us. I've also psoted the link in my blog. Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift LYRICS ON-SCREEN *HQ HD* Studio Version - YouTube

I'm already subscribed to it thanks, but that's not what I'm trying to look at.. The song I have posted isn't about infantilism in any way shape or form, it is about a mother watching her child grow up, move away and then the child realising they didn't really want to grow up hemce the last verse and chorus. Did you actually listen to the song, or just post about the other thread?

I listened to the song, and it's really nice, don't get me wrong! However, the topic I opened was intended kind of the same way. It doesn't literally have to be about infantilism in the narrow sense of the word, but there's a lot of music available for any state of mind and any theme going on in someone's life... and considering how important music is to most people, we're always looking for songs we can identify with. And here on ADISC, something most of us kind of share is a wish to be and/or feel little again. But that would be too long-winded, so I decided to go with the term 'infantilism', that's understandable for everyone too.

Therefore.. I think our topics are actually pretty similar. o.o Nevertheless, thank you for posting this!

ok. I'll kep thisone open and we'll see if anything diffrerent comes of it.

The song I Identify most with at the moment is Sail by AWOLNation. There is a verse in there that goes
    "Maybe I should cry for help
    Maybe I should kill myself
    Blame it on my A.D.D. baby"

that verse described my teenage years and even now. Also the chill vibe I get from this song sends chills down my spine

Quote Originally Posted by PCBaby View Post
    Hi All,
    I came acroos this song today on another siote and I thinks it says a lot about some of us. I've also psoted the link in my blog. Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift LYRICS ON-SCREEN *HQ HD* Studio Version - YouTube
    Oddly, I wanted to make this topic a few weeks ago but never got around to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Therefore.. I think our topics are actually pretty similar. o.o Nevertheless, thank you for posting this!
    I think this thread is about songs which are specifically from an adult to a child (from a carer to a charge), that we, as ABs, identify with. Songs which, when we are in 'the role', we'd love to have been written about us. The other thread, whether you intended it to or not, mostly contains 'conventional' songs, that some people can interpret as being about specifically being an AB, rather than songs about being/having a child.

Now... as for my picks:

My Little Girl - Tim McGraw

I Loved Her First - Heartland

Butterfly Kisses

Lullaby (Goodnight my Angel) - Billy Joel

Goodspeed (Sweet Dreams) - The Dixie Chicks

thanks Charlie, i shall listen to those tomorrow as it's that time of night and this baby needs a wash and then his terries and pants and dummy.

Goodnight, take care.