Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Way I Feel About Modern Cartoons

Chowder, Johnny Test and Total Drama are okay IMHO. How about look at the shit Nick and Disney are doing. At least Phineas and Ferb are cool though the constant songs are really stupid sometimes.

Seriously, if we can blame anything it's 1. Cheaper animation. 2. lower production values. 3. Spongebob, shit went down hill when that show came on.

I agree, but I considered that maybe it was my age and getting older. I always liked the Powderpuff girls, and I used to watch it with my daughter. I called them the Bumble gee Girls. They used to have some really cool cartoons, even the Anime, but I haven't found anything lately. I will admit, I haven't looked real hard either.

Modern Cartoons are terrible in comparison to what we had 10 years ago

Only Decent one in a long time has been avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I agree, but I considered that maybe it was my age and getting older. I always liked the Powderpuff girls, and I used to watch it with my daughter.
    dogboy, they are called the Powerpuff Girls, no powder, unless they are being diapered that is!! **giggles**

I still love that show to this day, along with the movie as well!! Cartoons have gone downhill a little lately & the ones today don't seem to keep a following like some of the great ones from the 80's through the early 2000's!! Even some of the remakes of classic cartoons, have been bad or not done right, for those of us who have seen the originals!! Even some of the theme songs for the newer cartoons, have been a little lacking as well!!

My guilty pleasures when I was a lad included Dexter's Laboratory and Two Stupid Dogs. As for the modern stuff I think its more a factor of me getting older. The new Thundercats adaptation was OK beyond that? I always liked Justice League Unlimited and just got finished with Batman Under the Red Hood which was actually very good.

Tsuma

hmm... to be fair I don't think all modern cartoons are bad. Especially since 2 of my guilty pleasures is Ben 10 and Avatar lol. Then again they're reasonably more mature than some of the other new cartoons. Used to watch CN all the time when I was younger but too many other things to watch now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    dogboy, they are called the Powerpuff Girls, no powder, unless they are being diapered that is!! **giggles**

I still love that show to this day, along with the movie as well!! Cartoons have gone downhill a little lately & the ones today don't seem to keep a following like some of the great ones from the 80's through the early 2000's!! Even some of the remakes of classic cartoons, have been bad or not done right, for those of us who have seen the originals!! Even some of the theme songs for the newer cartoons, have been a little lacking as well!!
    Yes, I agree, and thanks about the Powerpuff Girls. I liked the comment, unless they needed....teehee. The really frustrating thing for me is that there have been a number of cartoons I've liked from the past but I can't remember their names. I agree about the remakes as well. They usually are poorly done, and you're right, the music is poor as well. They seem like cheap knock-offs, trying to capitalize on the original reputation of a popular piece of work.

I do remember the really old cartoons, such as the Warner Brother cartoons made during the 40's and 50's and of course the early Disney. They were wonderful, as were the original Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, and Heckle and Jeckle.

I have to say the cartoon that they ruined most is TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Compared to what I watched back in the day, Today's is too serious I guess and relates in no way to the old cartoons.

Morning cartoons are a thing of the past now. Back in the day Fox used to be the station to watch before and after school. Now they have no cartoons at all (excluding Simpsons and ect.)

TV *ahem* everything sucks now. Food is fake, Refridgerators breakdown after a couple of years. Its like people started putting timers in them and tick away until it signals to break.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk