Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Diaper? (manual poll)

Default Best Diaper? (manual poll)

Edit: Due to technical issues, this OP will no longer be updated, but current results can be found at Kaliborio's blog, and submissions will still be accepted.

There seem to be a lot of threads in this forum asking if specific diapers are okay, which diapers to get, et cetera. It would be nice if we could compile a list which represents what the ADISC community is likely to say when faced with such a question, so, if nobody objects, I'll do that, since I haven't found any similar threads. Just post the name of the diaper you would recommend (price and known suppliers would also be helpful, maybe a short descriptive blurb if you feel like it). As OP, I've taken the liberty of putting in the first vote.

#1. Abena Abri-Form X-Plus (Abena X4) (6 votes)
    Absorbency: 2,129 ml / 72 fl. oz. (medium size - source: Abena) / 6 wettings

Joint #2. Tena Slip Maxi (4 votes)
    Absorbency: 2,205 mL / 74 fl. oz. (medium size - source: TENA) / 6 wettings

Joint #2. Dry 24/7 (4 votes)
    Absorbency: 2,750 mL / 93 fl. oz. (medium size - source: XP Medical / 8 wettings

#3. Bambino Classico (3 votes)
    Absorbency: unknown

#4. Abena Abri-Form Plus (Abena X2) (2 votes)
    Absorbency: 650 mL / 22 fl. oz. (medium size - source: XP Medical) / 2 wettings

Joint #5. Tena Classic Plus (1 vote)

Joint #5. Molicare Super (1 vote)
    Absorbency: 1,301 mL / 44 fl. oz. (medium size - source: XP Medical) / 4 wettings

Joint #5. Tranquility All-Through-the-Night (1 vote)
    Absorbency: 813 mL / 27.5 fl. oz. (medium size - source: Tranquility Incontinence Products) / 2 wettings

Joint #5. Provider's Choice Active Ultra Plus (1 vote)
    Absorbency: unknown

Joint #5. Abena Abri-Form Extra (Abena M3) (1 vote)
    Absorbency: 3,000 mL / 101 fl. oz. (medium size - source: IndependenceAustralia.com webstore) / 9 wettings

Notes:
    For reference, based on the figures provided by the New Zealand Continence Association, one standard wetting is 325 mL. I've rounded down here for convenience. Disclaimer: hypothetical wetting figures are not guaranteed to be accurate (see dayannight's post).

Abena Abri-Form products are coded XY by the manufacturer, where X is the size code (M = Medium for example) and Y is the absorbency level (4 = X-Plus, for example). I'm sorting by absorbency level here and leaving the size code blank, hence - Abena X2, Abena X4, etc.

Where XP Medical is cited, absorption figures were taken as a part of a testing program whose methods and results can be seen in more detail by clicking any one of the hyperlinks (they all lead to the same place). Otherwise, they are sourced by vendors, who probably get theirs in turn from the manufacturer; buyer beware, as some figures may not reflect field performance.

Entries are sorted by their rank and then by the date they were added.
    Last edited by Near; 20-Sep-2011 at 17:09.

My top two candidates are:

1. Molicare Super
    2. Tena Classic Plus

I've got no idea how Tena Classic differs from Tena Slip; I'm gonna assume that Slip is the Commonwealth version of Classic, but until someone comes along to confirm that, I won't edit the above post to reflect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    I've got no idea how Tena Classic differs from Tena Slip; I'm gonna assume that Slip is the Commonwealth version of Classic, but until someone comes along to confirm that, I won't edit the above post to reflect it.
    FACTS:
    First of all, they look totally different. They do not have the words "Medium" or "Large" printed on the front, as Tena Slip Maxi does.
    Second, they do not have wetness capacity marks. (They both have indicators, but not a mark which details its absorbancy level)

SUBJECTIVE RESEARCH
    I am pretty sure that they aren't as absorbent as Tena Slip Max, they are essentially an upgraded Tena Classic, and are comparable to Tranquility ATN. They are superior to Attends Classic and Breathable varieties, but they are comparable to Attends Extended Wear in terms of absorbability. I'm willing to bet that Tena Classic Plus is about 1,700 mL.
    Last edited by captainpollution; 15-Sep-2011 at 01:57.

1: Bambino Classico (medium: 2 bags of 8, $28.48) Still the best diaper I've ever tried. Comfortable, soft, plastic backed, incredibly absorbent... the list goes on and on and on.
    2: Abena Abriform Medium X-Plus Not quite as good as the bambino, but still definitely up there.

Post updated.

Nobody has a listed absorbency for the Bambino (the website of both Bambino and their parent company's non-AB clone product Secure X-Plus measures the absorbency in drops, which is useless). Anybody know?

Kathryn

Assuming you mean the proper version, my vote is for Tena Slip Maxi, for reaosns of fit, comfort, bulk, absorbancy and the odour neutralizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    Assuming you mean the proper version, my vote is for Tena Slip Maxi, for reaosns of fit, comfort, bulk, absorbancy and the odour neutralizers.
    There's an improper version? :P I live in Australia, so I'm assuming that since you live in the UK we get the same product, this being the Commonwealth of Nations.

Out of curiosity, when you say bulk, do you mean how much less or more bulky it is compared to another similar product?

Tsuma

I would like to add my vote for M4's >(^.^)<