Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Greetings,

As I sit here in front of the keyboard, I am filled with both dread and excitement at the same time. Guess I'll start with the mundane stuff first. I am a 32 year old man who enjoys reading/writing(Fantasy, Science-Fiction,Horror), video games(pokemon, final fantasy, Diablo 2 to name a few) Hiking, Biking and Chess. I am currently unemployed however, I am not really looking for a job right now since I am the full time care-giver of my disabled father.

I am currently single. In reality, I have only had two relationships in my entire life. Both were in high school and both never got passed the pecking stage.

I've been reading AB stories on writing.com for many years now. Those stories,a couple of private experimentations, and my own imagination were the only outlets that I've had for my personal uniqueness(best way I can think of to describe it).

It was while reading one of those stories on writing.com today that I finally decided to take the next step and look for a like minded community that I could join. Thus I ended up here. I think I'll end this here for now with my thanks for offering such a place for people like me.

Hi Jack.

I'm another late-joiner. So, I know how you feel. I kept this all inside for a long time. It is very nerve-wracking at first. But, I think you've taken the right step. You'll find that talking with others who share your interest will make you feel a lot better. My experience at ADISC has been very positive.

Check out the ADISC groups. There are groups for gamers, writers, and almost everything else. There's also a forum for stories, if you'd like to share some of yours. You'll find a lot of diversity here.

Since you like sci-fi, fantasy and video games, try Deus Ex Human Revolution (if you haven't already). I think Skyrim will be another great game this year. I'm also an avid fantasy/sci-fi fan and I play a lot of video games.

Welcome!

jonbearab

e5
    A common opening deserves a common defense

KitsBunny

I will definitely check out the stories forum. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something there soon. I currently have very few stories in my portfolio since I deleted all my AR/AB and furry stories about two years ago. Bit of a long story and there is no easy way to say it, but here goes. Two years ago I finally faced my alcoholism and went first to an AA clubhouse, then to a Christian Recovery Home. My AB fantasies came out during my therapy with two religious counselors and part of my therapy was to delete everything related to this lifestyle. Long story short, I still consider myself a born again Christan, I am 2 years, 5 days sober, and I haven't decided yet how my AB lifestyle fits in with my first statement in this sentence. Until I decide, I'm going to explore this part of me to the fullest, because it is one of the few things in life that brings me joy. That means I'm going to let my creative juices flow and hopefully have some new fiction soon.

Thank you both for your warm welcome. I am so glad there are people like you out there to welcome a lost little soul like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Long story short, I still consider myself a born again Christan, I am 2 years, 5 days sober, and I haven't decided yet how my AB lifestyle fits in with my first statement in this sentence. Thank you both for your warm welcome. I am so glad there are people like you out there to welcome a lost little soul like me.
    You're not a lost soul Jacknife.

I was raised a conservative Christian. And, I've been through that doubtful phase. After reading through the Bible, along with a lot of prayer and reflection, I came to accept myself. Now, I actually feel blessed to be in touch with these special feelings. I don't think many people can understand what it's like.

It's a shame that the world consistently condemns good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    My AB fantasies came out during my therapy with two religious counselors and part of my therapy was to delete everything related to this lifestyle.
    It can be very helpful to seek advice. Other people can lend you ideas that you've never considered yourself. Or, those that you need to be reminded of.

But, remember that advice is advice. It isn't an objective standard. No person on earth speaks with the authority of God. It's important to be open-minded, and to listen honestly. But, always remember to check with God yourself when you're unsure.

I'm sure these counselors meant to help you. They saw something that they considered perverse and unhealthy. They saw something that they thought was standing in the way of your righteousness before God.

I suggest you ponder whether they truly understood your situation correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsBunny View Post

But, remember that advice is advice. It isn't an objective standard. No person on earth speaks with the authority of God. It's important to be open-minded, and to listen honestly. But, always remember to check with God yourself when you're unsure.

That is very good advice kitsbunny. Thinking back, I asked Him for the strength and will to rid myself of my AB thoughts, just as I asked for help with my sins of alcoholism and smoking. I received the help I prayed for with both of the latter but my AB thoughts were always with me. Perhaps I was asking the wrong thing and should have been praying for revelation if my thoughts and desires were a sin at all. Thank you kitsbunny, you have given me much to pray on.

Welcome to the site, JackTheWriter. I'm originally from New Jersey, Toms River. I'm a writer as well, and have a story on Nookbooks. I'll be posting a story on adisc this October, as I have been writing a Halloween story for the site two years in a row. I am a church musician so I know about trying to keep all of this balanced with one's faith. I try to let my faith and my good works balance out wearing diapers. As an aside, I played all three games of Diablo and enjoyed them greatly.