Thread: i had an epiphany

Default i had an epiphany

i have an idea i think will work great. i was thinking of putting up discreet posters around my area to try and gather up some people cause i know for a fact that there are tons of abs in my area.

just wondering what you guys think and if you have any ideas on what i should put on the flyers that would not draw attention from outsiders(if you know what i mean)

thanks and i appreciate any help that is given

I think it's a dumb idea, and don't think it'd ever work.

You'd just get tons of other idiots turning up, since there is no way you can really make it clear the poster is aimed at ABs.

If you "know for a fact" there are tons in your area, I'm sure there is a better way to reach them

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    I think it's a dumb idea, and don't think it'd ever work.

You'd just get tons of other idiots turning up, since there is no way you can really make it clear the poster is aimed at ABs.

If you "know for a fact" there are tons in your area, I'm sure there is a better way to reach them
    i just dont know what to do i want to make some friends that have the same interests and i cant seem to find them this is the only idea i have come up with.i know it may sound dumb but were theres a will there is a way i just dont know how yet but i will make it work out somehow im tired of hiding in a corner.

i just hate being alone and feeling alone that's all it may be a dumb idea but would you happen to have any better suggestions

Might as well just paint "Diaper Lover lives here" on the house.
    If you truly want to meet people that badly, have you considered trying a dating site or asking to do a group meet on here or any other forum where you are more known?

The internet!
    Look how many members this site alone has... Think how common it is for anyone with something they feel alone in, to turn to the internet.
    There are ways and means.

That said, I wouldn't condone the idea in general. I can sympathise with your feelings - I'm sure most of us can to some degree - but meeting strangers must be done with consideration and not as a reaction to loneliness

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    The internet!
    Look how many members this site alone has... Think how common it is for anyone with something they feel alone in, to turn to the internet.
    There are ways and means.

That said, I wouldn't condone the idea in general. I can sympathise with your feelings - I'm sure most of us can to some degree - but meeting strangers must be done with consideration and not as a reaction to loneliness
    well thanks for the advice i didnt really think in to it as much as i probably should have i just am getting in such a depressed mood "im not trying to cry about my life to everyone" its just that my life would be a whole lot better if i could just get it out of my system and hang out with some people that will understand me and right now i feel that no one does.

i just cant talk to anyone not that im hard to talk to its just no matter how hard i try everyone just hates the crap out of me but its cool ill try something different thats not so stupid, maybe i can post something here and see were it gets me thanks though for all of your advice . i guess i probably would have looked like an ass if someone caught me putting up flyers for such a thing i need to just think before i say things i guess.

It's much harder to build something than to destroy it. And you rarely get something just because you want it.

I know how you feel littlebear. I believe ADISC was founded just for the reasons you mentioned. It's a way to interact with people who can understand where you're coming from. You can do it safely and still get support for those lonely feelings. Of course, the internet can't be a substitute for real-life.

But, the world doesn't revolve around any of us. We are just parts of it. You can't force the world into what you want it to be. But, you can find ways to make your world into something you are happy with.

You know, I think we all go through periods where we feel really alone and we'd like to have a friend but one thing I've been trying to focus on is that if you meet someone who is AB/DL but you have nothing else in common, what good is that. Even if there was a way where you could make a poster subtle enough that most people wouldn't know what it is but AB/DLs would know immediately you don't know what type of people would show up. Would they be super conservative about wearing or would they show up in just diapers and a tee? Would they try to push you out of your comfort zone?

Just because you have 1 thing in common wont make you instant friends.

See if there is a munch in your town. Fetlife, DD and more adult oriented sites are more likely to have listings. If there isn't one. you might need to start one.