Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate Irony

Default I hate Irony

So, 2 days ago i had finally accepted that i will probably wet the bed for years to come. I have been dry the past 2 nights. Mind you, it is that i have figured out that the meds I'm on will work for 8 hours and have been taking them at a time 8 hours before i wake for school.

Ill clear anything up later, bus drives in a few minutes and I'm still in only underwear.

I'm a bit confused on why you would hate the irony of the situation? It appears from what you have written that everything is working out.

Kathryn

Seems like literal reverse psychology

It is that way isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHerro View Post
    I'm a bit confused on why you would hate the irony of the situation? It appears from what you have written that everything is working out.
    You see, I have finally accepted it as a part of my long term life. There is one side note, this will only work on weekdays since thats the only time I'll sleep about 8 hours.

If it helps, imagine living with something (like bedwetting) for 16 years, you've tried the different treatments (alarms, waiting to out grow, medication (thats controlling it but the time I take it is important)) and you say "oh well, i guess that it is just part of who I am" and then POOF it has stopped, even after all this time trying cure it.

I guess that it does sound a bit silly, now that I think of it. It's hard to explain if you still don't get it but I hope that helps.

It's almost as if you giving in to what you thought was the inevitable result has cured you. I was just questioning why you hate the irony. I know it's a difficult thing to accept, but even though you have accepted it, it must feel good to be able to stay dry after working hard for many years!

It is nice, but the hatred comes from, well probabl no where because without my ADHD meds my mood is unpredictable.

Meds, they work for 8 hours so I take them 8 hours before I wake for school (so reversible).

Quote Originally Posted by Rlew View Post
    Meds, they work for 8 hours so I take them 8 hours before I wake for school (so reversible).
    *nods* Meds, what are the name/s of the meds they have you on to stop the bedwetting?
    For example, the various meds I am taking: Trifluoperazine, Amitriptyline, Methotrexate, Loperamide, Azithromycin, Uroxatrol
    For pains I have: Tramadol, Hydrocodone, Cyclobenzaprine HCL, Ibuprofin 800.

None of these however help stop the nocturnal enuresis (that I would greatly appreciate)
    Last edited by kitsiulla; 15-Sep-2011 at 07:27.