Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd idea/product

Default Odd idea/product

Travel Diaper | DiaperBuds | Buy Online

Just thought I share this. Vacuum sealed diapers for easy of travel. Max out at size 5 but it could be the product of the future. Might start a trend of travel pack diapers that are compact. It would be nice to have adult diapers or even goodnites vacuum sealed to hide more easily in a backpack or closet.

Anyways, just a random find.

Interesting Idea! This could go a long way with the more bulky diapers, such as the Abena X-Pluses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
    Interesting Idea! This could go a long way with the more bulky diapers, such as the Abena X-Pluses.
    Most diapers are already compressed for packaging. I prefer putting on a diaper that's had time to "relax" itself after removing it from the bag and unfolding and sit for a few hours in the cabinet. I have a few old bambino classicos here that have been relaxing for over a year and they've doubled in thickness. They do this for smaller storage and shipping of course. If you watch any video of a diaper manufacturing machine, they use hydraulic press to shove the diapers into the bag before sealing it.

Diapers that have been allowed to relax are a lot softer and not nearly as stiff. I've also tried throwing them in the dryer on low heat briefly. This works great but you really have to watch the time. 25 seconds is plenty. Too much more and the dryer will be filled with pulverized fluff. (and is quite a mess to clean up)

They say that this reduces the diaper to about 70% of the original size. However, it also transforms a largely flat diaper into a cube-like thing. I don't see a big advantage. In fact, it seems like it would be easier to slide flat diapers into a purse or diaper bag than it would be to load up on diaper-cubes.

LL

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    In fact, it seems like it would be easier to slide flat diapers into a purse or diaper bag than it would be to load up on diaper-cubes.
    See my previous post. Try sticking a diaper in a purse or bag and go around all day with it. When you return home, compare the diaper with one still in the bag. It'll be about double the size. Also these are advertised to fit in your pocket

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Vacuum sealed diapers for easy of travel. . . . .it could be the product of the future. Might start a trend of travel pack diapers that are compact. It would be nice to have adult diapers or even goodnites vacuum sealed to hide more easily in a backpack or closet.
    I have already been doing this with regular zip-lock bags. I use the large 1 gallon sized freezer bags (Freezer bags because they are thicker ply of plastic, less likely to tear and able to be reused several times). I zip the bag about 3/4 shut, then press down on the diaper and expel as much air as I can, then while still pressing down on the diaper zip the bag the rest of the way closed. When you take the pressure off the bag, it tries to swell back up, and since it is zipped shut,,,,wa la! vacuumed sealed diaper bag. it IS great for travel!

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Most diapers are already compressed for packaging. I prefer putting on a diaper that's had time to "relax" itself after removing it from the bag and unfolding and sit for a few hours in the cabinet. I have a few old bambino classicos here that have been relaxing for over a year and they've doubled in thickness. They do this for smaller storage and shipping of course. If you watch any video of a diaper manufacturing machine, they use hydraulic press to shove the diapers into the bag before sealing it.

Diapers that have been allowed to relax are a lot softer and not nearly as stiff. I've also tried throwing them in the dryer on low heat briefly. This works great but you really have to watch the time. 25 seconds is plenty. Too much more and the dryer will be filled with pulverized fluff. (and is quite a mess to clean up)
    I agree with letting diapers expand from their original packing. I also know that this does work. I can't say I've ever let a diaper remain un-used for a year, but I can testify to the fact that diapers do expand after being taken out of the bag. I usually like to take 3 or 4 out of the bag, and let them 'relax' for a day or two before putting them on. Time permitting of course, lol

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post

I understand, and really enjoy "fluffed up" diapers. However, for travel purposes...

That said, I have some older Abenas that are really poofy. They're really nice.

In this age of pocket size, travel size, and data storage chips, it makes sense that the next thing to reduce is diapers.
    Umm....sure?
    Last edited by twtw; 11-Sep-2011 at 03:19. Reason: shorten quote

"travel diapers" are how disposable diapers came about in the first place.
    interesting idea to have them individually wrapped, but i really don't particularly see a need for it.