Thread: A Scandinavian furcon

Default A Scandinavian furcon

While trawling the net for furcons held in scandinavia, I did stumble across a phenomena called "Swe-fur". To me it seemed like a furcon held only once, or has ceased to exist.
    It had made me wonder, because I thought it would be great to have such an event here. Am I the only one who has these thought?

There was FurryCon in 2009. No idea if they're planning another one. There was also Furtastic this year in Denmark, and I think they're hoping to make it an annual thing.

A problem with Scandinavian furry conventions is that we don't quite have the same size communities as they have in the UK and in Germany, and the fact that things are generally more expensive here than in other countries, making it harder for non-Scandinavians to afford to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTFBaxxter View Post
    There was FurryCon in 2009. No idea if they're planning another one. There was also Furtastic this year in Denmark, and I think they're hoping to make it an annual thing.
    After a little google search, I just learned there is a furry community in DK as well. Yay! Well how blind could I be. I am going to be part of it for sure!
    Regarding the furtastic event. I do hope it's going to be an annual event. At least I will put some effort into this to reassure it's going to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTFBaxxter View Post
    A problem with Scandinavian furry conventions is that we don't quite have the same size communities as they have in the UK and in Germany, and the fact that things are generally more expensive here than in other countries, making it harder for non-Scandinavians to afford to attend.
    Oh yes. That thought did cross my mind. But as you mentioned, both Germany and the UK holds these cons. At least it's not as far away as the States, though I would really like to go there too!

If any danish furries reads this, and they're not aware of this already, I found two useful links.
    1. A link to a danish furry map
    2. A link to a danish furry community
    Last edited by Lagon; 12-Sep-2011 at 11:31. Reason: typos