Thread: went shopping to day

Default went shopping to day

my mom and dad toke me to tescos and got me baby things and the best thing got to sit in the cart

youngbear9

Wait what? They know you're AB?

Quote Originally Posted by nappiedude View Post
    my mom and dad toke me to tescos and got me baby things and the best thing got to sit in the cart
    Hi nappiedude! Well, that's certainly an...interesting story. But I'm afraid a lot of people (me included!) will be sceptical of this story, especially as it's very slim on details.

Firstly, why would your parents take you to tescos to buy you baby stuff? I can't imagine many parents being THAT comfortable with 'this stuff', and your profile says you're an AB, which makes you, well...an ADULT. Why can't you buy your own private things?

Secondly, why would they sit you in the cart? That sounds like it would just make the whole event into a total spectacle. A grown man being put in (I assume) the child-sized seat of a shopping cart while his parents push it around, buying baby items, people are going to be weirded out. How did you even fit, anyway? Those things are designed for toddlers; even at 8, I wasn't allowed to sit in one, because I would not have fit properly (it would be unsafe).

Clearly he's a stupid fantasy idiot -.- You sat in the cart yea? Those things designed for people younger than 5... Take your fantasy else where.

I have seen trollies in some Tescos in the past that were made for, I assume, special needs kids. They had a large bench-type seat, big enough for an adult actually, with grey padding and a red five point harness. I recall them so vividly because I thought at the time that they'd be perfect for ABs... in some alternate, fantasy AB reality.

I have to say I'm with CharliePub and Tommy on this one NappieDude, at the moment it sounds highly implausible
    I also noted that your language and spelling is a bit off for English English. Firstly it's "nappy" rather than "nappie", and also the common name for those wheeled thingys you put shopping in in supermarkets is "trolley" (at least everywhere in the UK I've lived before) rather then "cart", which is American English

Please elaborate further as to what happened and how it came to occur.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Tesco's, it must have been fun. I know my parents would never do that for me.

General note: when you encounter a story you consider unlikely, simply calling "BS" isn't really constructive. Probing for details is great (see this article for tips) or, as an alternative, using the report button is equally great. Saying something is BS doesn't accomplish anything, while probing for details allows for the situation to clear up one way or the other on it's own, while reporting the post allows the staff to deal with the situation.

Specific to this thread: the current original post presents a rather atypical situation without any real details, and as thus I'm afraid this thread will turn into a battle over the veracity of said events. Nappiedude, you are free to start another thread about this, but I would ask you to include more details (why where your parents buying you baby things, why you sat in the cart - things of that nature) to make your account more credible.

Closed.