Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: bladder weakness and progression.

  1. #1

    Default bladder weakness and progression.

    In November it'll be a year for me sense I started to wear diapers 24/7 due to my Crohn's becoming unmanageable without so I feel pretty use to and happy with wearing them now. But lately I've been feeling like even if that side was to clear up fully, which it hasn't done but it does give me more peace lately, I may still need to wear them because it's highlighted that I have urinary trouble as well. What's a little worrying is that it seems to be progressing as well.

    To give some background, when I was a kid I was slow to stop bedwetting and also well into my teens and even now to a degree I suffered with giggle incontinence as well. Sense being diapered I found them very comfy and easy to wear, but without and in normal pants I realized more and more that without a diaper on, my underwear and even my trousers on would feel noticeably damp and days with a diaper on, most time through the day the wetness indicator would change. When asked people before they would say it could be sweat or breaking down, but it only ever really changed colour from around the top front where being a guy, you know what would be hanging. Before being diapered I thought nothing off it but come to realize more and more that it isn't normal.

    What I have noticed during my time with diapers though is that more and more instead of feeling like I may need to pee, which often was a late reaction anyway, I'm not getting any feeling before needing to go. It's just like I feel that I am going to go and holding it back is hard and don't last long, if at all. It's gone from starting as an every other day thing to right now needing to change more then once as I can't make it to the toilet at all unless it just comes out during a bowel motion.
    If I try to manage it by making myself go to toilet, it ether doesn't help or some cases I can't go at all. So for now it appears I've become very dependent on diapers.

    Now I'm not going to ask is it incontinence and if I need to see the doctor, because that's already booked and waiting to see him. I know that saying all that I have here would be a good idea as well. But while I'm not worried about an infection or illness due to being fine in my life and no discomfort with bladder or kidneys, I am concerned about what my future with diapers will me. What can I expect from the doctors and also with how things are should I be thinking that while for sure I need them on always, that it will always be like this from now? Right now it's like I don't know what to expect and what I may have to tell family one day as well.

  2. #2

    Default

    Please see a doctor - there are a lot of possible explanations and views on a site like this have to be speculative and hedged around with "I am not a doctor" safeguards. Self diagnosis is a dangerous thing and while you might be right about using diapers having an effect it is not the only (or perhaps even the most likely) explanation. The temptation is to struggle on and cope one way or another - this is not sensible because what you are describing shouldn't be happening and I can speak from experience that delaying the visit to the doctor means problems can get harder to treat and you miss the opportunity to have somethinbg "nipped in the bud" before it gets out of hand. Hopefully you won't have bad news when there is a diagnosis - but whatever the cause there are likely to be treatments available to get things working properly again. So please make that appointment now!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    In November it'll be a year for me sense I started to wear diapers 24/7 due to my Crohn's becoming unmanageable without so I feel pretty use to and happy with wearing them now. But lately I've been feeling like even if that side was to clear up fully, which it hasn't done but it does give me more peace lately, I may still need to wear them because it's highlighted that I have urinary trouble as well. What's a little worrying is that it seems to be progressing as well.

    To give some background, when I was a kid I was slow to stop bedwetting and also well into my teens and even now to a degree I suffered with giggle incontinence as well. Sense being diapered I found them very comfy and easy to wear, but without and in normal pants I realized more and more that without a diaper on, my underwear and even my trousers on would feel noticeably damp and days with a diaper on, most time through the day the wetness indicator would change. When asked people before they would say it could be sweat or breaking down, but it only ever really changed colour from around the top front where being a guy, you know what would be hanging. Before being diapered I thought nothing off it but come to realize more and more that it isn't normal.

    What I have noticed during my time with diapers though is that more and more instead of feeling like I may need to pee, which often was a late reaction anyway, I'm not getting any feeling before needing to go. It's just like I feel that I am going to go and holding it back is hard and don't last long, if at all. It's gone from starting as an every other day thing to right now needing to change more then once as I can't make it to the toilet at all unless it just comes out during a bowel motion.
    If I try to manage it by making myself go to toilet, it ether doesn't help or some cases I can't go at all. So for now it appears I've become very dependent on diapers.

    Now I'm not going to ask is it incontinence and if I need to see the doctor, because that's already booked and waiting to see him. I know that saying all that I have here would be a good idea as well. But while I'm not worried about an infection or illness due to being fine in my life and no discomfort with bladder or kidneys, I am concerned about what my future with diapers will me. What can I expect from the doctors and also with how things are should I be thinking that while for sure I need them on always, that it will always be like this from now? Right now it's like I don't know what to expect and what I may have to tell family one day as well.
    I'm not going to say any suggestions or anything, because we all know the doctor is the only one who can tell you. It would be pure speculation from any angle, because we all don't know if/what the treatments are and how well you could respond to them. There are always options, but honestly I can relate on so many different levels. I find that without wearing a diaper my pants get damp, and with one, only the front and bottom part change colour, where the "butt" of the diaper stays the same original stripe colour. I've always just called it "dribbling" but it's usually hardly noticiable, and sometimes, like you I can't go at all. Holding it only makes it worse for me...I'd say be very careful what drugs they give you, because I was 10x worse after being given a medication for it! And I've been back to normal constant dampness or whatever after stopping the medication. I myself gave up and just conceded defeat after several months (each appointment took months to book in advance)...but I really would like to know how it turns out for you, both because I'd like to know for myself, and because I hope you get better. Yours sounds like it's progressing worse though , so I hope you get an appointment soon.

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks for the replies so far and I'll be sure to keep things up to date here. As for what you mentioned dayannight, don't worry about me booking an appointment because that was done a few days before making the post. I booked it last Monday and will be seeing him on the 19h this month. It does feel a bit of a while to wait and I'm nervous at how it'll go, but it can't do any harm after all.

  5. #5

    Default

    So in general chron's can throw some weird stuff into the picture just because of all the inflammation that can happen along with that, however, from the way you are describing it doesn't really sound like that, one thing I always like throwing out there early is that with a lot of these chronic type complaints we often aren't able to give a specific diagnosis immediately, as far as what to expect they will at a minimum probably check your urine for infection/glucose/blood/other stuff just to make sure you don't have any underlying pathology there, other then that it will probably mainly be going over when it happens what makes it worse etc to try to identify what are potential likely causes...

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far and I'll be sure to keep things up to date here. As for what you mentioned dayannight, don't worry about me booking an appointment because that was done a few days before making the post. I booked it last Monday and will be seeing him on the 19h this month. It does feel a bit of a while to wait and I'm nervous at how it'll go, but it can't do any harm after all.
    Wow...I'm kind of envious...because even with a referral, here in Canada it takes 6 months just to see the Urologist for the first appointment, and when I finally got one last time, it was 3 months between bookings...

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    Wow...I'm kind of envious...because even with a referral, here in Canada it takes 6 months just to see the Urologist for the first appointment, and when I finally got one last time, it was 3 months between bookings...
    That's not to see a Urologist. That's just to see a GP. It's a pain really because over here you can't see anyone 1st without a referral from them. How long it takes to see a proper team in this field I have no idea myself.

    Long way to go just yet.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    That's not to see a Urologist. That's just to see a GP. It's a pain really because over here you can't see anyone 1st without a referral from them. How long it takes to see a proper team in this field I have no idea myself.

    Long way to go just yet.
    Oh I see... It's the same here. But since I didn't used to have any kind of doctor/practitioner of my own, I used to just go to a walk-in clinic...Which is immediate, although a 6-8 hour wait. They're usually so busy though, that they turn you away at like noon even when they're open until 5. Either way, good luck.

  9. #9

    Default

    Just a thought.whoknows - your GP appintment may well lead to a prescription or suggested tests without having to wait for a urology appointment which may not be needed unless your local practice can't identify a solution.

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. Dancing Progression - What'chu think?
    By LeonSoryu117 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-Sep-2011, 00:20
  2. Do you view infantilism as a strength or a weakness?
    By dragsnick in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 24-Jul-2011, 04:58
  3. Shy bladder
    By Grutzvalt in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-Dec-2008, 06:57
  4. Shy Bladder
    By Avocadoy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17-Sep-2008, 23:43
  5. Bladder capacity
    By ricky in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-Sep-2008, 18:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.