Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Are you serious.

  1. #1

    Default Are you serious.

    I guess I accidentally pressed the button on my key fob to pop the trunk, and now it's been raining into my trunk for a good few hours, which is really cool and everything, but I think I was fine without a swimming pool/automobile combination. On the plus side, it seems this forum has an emoticon for pizza...

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by munchkitten View Post
    Uh, go close your trunk?
    That was sort of (read:exactly) the first thing I did when the issue arose. Aside from that I'm not really sure what the hell to do. I assume it will dry out on its own, if not...well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    That was sort of (read:exactly) the first thing I did when the issue arose. Aside from that I'm not really sure what the hell to do. I assume it will dry out on its own, if not...well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    if there's standing water, then try to siphon it out. then hit the rest with a shopvac and fill the trunk with towels.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    if there's standing water, then try to siphon it out. then hit the rest with a shopvac and fill the trunk with towels.
    No standing water, I assume they had some sort of drainage system in place for situations like this, and while I have a shopvac, it seems like the water has sufficiently seeped into the lining of the trunk, so I'm not sure how much good it will do. I will, however put down towels. I feel rather idiotic for not thinking of that, actually...Fingers crossed I don't end up with a trunk full of mold. (Cold: Check, Dark: Check, Damp: Check) It's great how life's always full of little surprises like this!

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    Fingers crossed I don't end up with a trunk full of mold. (Cold: Check, Dark: Check, Damp: Check) It's great how life's always full of little surprises like this!
    wouldn't hurt to completely clean it out and disinfect it, either.

  7. #7

    Default

    It might work well enough if you empty out your trunk (including the spare tire, excluding all the fabric) and leave it open in the sun. I had to pull all the fabric out of my trunk once and leave it in my garage to dry for a couple of days. The only hard part was getting it back in right - I had to remove part of the back seat or else I couldn't tuck it around the metal frame. Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.