Thread: Are you serious.

Default Are you serious.

I guess I accidentally pressed the button on my key fob to pop the trunk, and now it's been raining into my trunk for a good few hours, which is really cool and everything, but I think I was fine without a swimming pool/automobile combination. On the plus side, it seems this forum has an emoticon for pizza...

Quote Originally Posted by munchkitten View Post
    Uh, go close your trunk?
    That was sort of (read:exactly) the first thing I did when the issue arose. Aside from that I'm not really sure what the hell to do. I assume it will dry out on its own, if not...well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    That was sort of (read:exactly) the first thing I did when the issue arose. Aside from that I'm not really sure what the hell to do. I assume it will dry out on its own, if not...well I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    if there's standing water, then try to siphon it out. then hit the rest with a shopvac and fill the trunk with towels.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    if there's standing water, then try to siphon it out. then hit the rest with a shopvac and fill the trunk with towels.
    No standing water, I assume they had some sort of drainage system in place for situations like this, and while I have a shopvac, it seems like the water has sufficiently seeped into the lining of the trunk, so I'm not sure how much good it will do. I will, however put down towels. I feel rather idiotic for not thinking of that, actually...Fingers crossed I don't end up with a trunk full of mold. (Cold: Check, Dark: Check, Damp: Check) It's great how life's always full of little surprises like this!

Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    Fingers crossed I don't end up with a trunk full of mold. (Cold: Check, Dark: Check, Damp: Check) It's great how life's always full of little surprises like this!
    wouldn't hurt to completely clean it out and disinfect it, either.

It might work well enough if you empty out your trunk (including the spare tire, excluding all the fabric) and leave it open in the sun. I had to pull all the fabric out of my trunk once and leave it in my garage to dry for a couple of days. The only hard part was getting it back in right - I had to remove part of the back seat or else I couldn't tuck it around the metal frame. Good luck!