Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who remembers when...

Default Am I the only one who remembers when...

am i the only one who remembers when depends were sort of a cyan/green?

or is that just a childhood hallucination?

It wasn't really all that long ago. They didn't change to white until the early 2000's. OK, so maybe it's been 10 years...

I certainly remember them but never used them. That color was a huge turn-off for me.

Odl9791

Yep, I remember them. Used them too.

I certainly remember the old greenish depends. I also remember when they had the normal type, or the over night protection. For the same price you got 2 less diapers, but they were noticably thicker.

They definitely used to be green, I remember reading about them when I was MUCH younger.

Can't say I remember the green ones. Does anyone remember the old lady with white hair (T.V. commercial) holding a depend diaper in her hand as if she was holding a handful of water? If I recall correctly, that was nearly 22 years ago when I was 6... and I could remember thinking was "I can't wait until I'm old enough to wear those..."

I think a lot of diapers - including Tena in the UK were various shades of green for a while - I think that just like other consumables, manufacturers try to set trends - capture a market share then innovate so as to distence their products from the competition. How much real improvement there is as time goes by is a moot point, but as a long term user I reckon some changes make products I like less suitable for me and send me scurrying round to see if I can find better alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    It wasn't really all that long ago. They didn't change to white until the early 2000's. OK, so maybe it's been 10 years...
    It was longer than that, my friend. My first pack of Depends was in 1998, and they were already white by then. But, it was only about a year or two that such had been the case, at least in my small farm town.