Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Try at Fur Art.

Default First Try at Fur Art.

Well, what do you think? Obviously not up to par with some of the stuff out there, but any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3504.jpg 
Views:	1149 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	5842 This is the picture after i put it through some clean up in gimp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3503.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	5843
    This was the drawing.

That is VERY good, if I do say so myself! I can't actually see any ways to improve it, except maybe shading it (but that isn't even necessary).

Very good work! Well done!

alu

I love it great for a 1st time i would suggest making it look a little more 3d-ish easly done by putting it at an angle or in a different pose but as for the drawing i love it great work you've done there

Catperson

I wish I could draw that well...

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    I wish I could draw that well...
    Well this is the site i went to for some reference. Draw Furry – how to draw furry art, photoshop tutorials, comics and manga tips

drawing comes more easily for some than others.

it's like how some people are just naturally good at math. i can take a quadratic binomial and factor it down to the solution in my head in 3 seconds, but i can't hardly draw at all, even stick figures.
    and i know you're gonna say "i'm not good at math though :C" and i say to that: everyone has something that they're good at.

also, a fair amount of people became good artists through sheer willpower. if you want to do it, then you can do anything.

except light a match on a wet bar of soap. that shit's impossible.

Catperson

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    It's not basic art concept, I know that. I use gimp myself, and whenever I draw my wrist will only move in jolts. Meaning nothing is ever straight (even erasing) and it takes forever to draw even something as small and simple as a horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    It's not basic art concept, I know that. I use gimp myself, and whenever I draw my wrist will only move in jolts. Meaning nothing is ever straight (even erasing) and it takes forever to draw even something as small and simple as a horn.
    Ah, ok well what i did was draw it on paper, and then i took a picture of it and re-traced it in gimp. Something that is extremely helpful is the path tool in gimp, and then the stroke path button, then you can make curved lines without gitters. All you have to do with it is pick out two points and then bend the line between the two to your liking, it is a great tool, but it takes a little bit of getting used to.

This is very good, and you say it's your first time..? I can't even get the contour of a kangaroo right.