Thread: My songs are disappearing!

Post My songs are disappearing!

So this is the situation:

I have a bunch of songs that I have downloaded from youtube. I decided to make a system so that I can easily find my songs, thus, renaming them.

I did that, and poff. They vanished. I couldn't find them. I tried searching using some of the words of the title, and the whole title, but my computer could not find them.

And the same thing happened when I moved one song over to a folder. The song was gone and the computer failed to find it.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing that's making my songs to disappear when I either renaming or moving them?! And where the songs have gone to?

Agents, when you see them, RUN!

They took down Napster and neutered it. That's right, now they've seen you. Run, just run.

That or you need to search for hidden files or folders. I've had random files go hidden before.

I think you should support the musical artists that you listen to. Whether it is buying a mp3 or cd from somewhere. However I download music to see if I like it. If its the case I'll buy the cd or mp3.

So help out your favorite bands and musicians. There's plenty of ways to listen to the songs that don't charge.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

I don't believe he asked for opinions on where to get music. Where he got his songs is probably not even relevant. He asked for help with missing files.

Anyway, there are probably a bunch of different things that could be wrong. Is this only happening with music files? Or is it happening with other types of files too?

AntiSocial

must be that 'system' that delete them...unless you didnt code(code as in programming something ) but just tryed orginizing them in folders?

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I don't believe he asked for opinions on where to get music. Where he got his songs is probably not even relevant. He asked for help with missing files.
    As far as I know, it has only happened to music files.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiSocial
    must be that 'system' that delete them...unless you didnt code(code as in programming something ) but just tryed orginizing them in folders?
    I just gave the files a different name and moved them into a folder. I highly doubt that I coded a "vanish code" by removing some letters of the files. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen
    That or you need to search for hidden files or folders. I've had random files go hidden before.
    Where do I find these hidden files/folders?

Any weird errors or anything? I was going to say you are having hard drive troubles, but I don't think so if it's only a bunch of music files disappearing.

It could be some kind of virus that targets and deletes mp3 files. (One case where the place you got your songs could actually be somewhat relevant. Nevermind that. It wasn't true. I was thinking of a p2p network for some reason. Forgot you said youtube)
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 09-Sep-2011 at 09:11.

I got no error of any kind, so I think your virus-theory is the most likely explanation. I'm scanning the computer and see if what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    I have a bunch of songs that I have downloaded from youtube.
    Well, here's your first problem. If you're going to pirate music, ffs, don't download it from youtube. Youtube audio quality is shit even without the transcoding losses.

I decided to make a system so that I can easily find my songs, thus, renaming them.
    What type of system? Really can't help you unless you tell us exactly what you did to the files.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB
    What type of system? Really can't help you unless you tell us exactly what you did to the files.
    When I wrote system, I meant the ordering them in numbers and albums. So I don't have to go through my whole collection to find one certain song. And all I did was renaming the titles of the files( the name of the songs), and moving them into a folder.