Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Infected By Revenge?

Default Are You Infected By Revenge?

is there a possibility for this world to move forward if we're constantly keeping count of all the mishaps of the past?
    if we're constantly going "well you did this so we're going to embargo you" or "you did this so you're going to be docked in such and such sort of way" how are we ever going to move forward away from our past issues and to live a more complete life in the future?

I think taking revenge is a pretty immature way of dealing with things, and a shallow method of achieving short-lived satisfaction.

I'm certainly not the type of person to hold grudges. I think it's better if we forgive each other and move on.

There's nothing I'd enjoy more than beating every person who ever wronged me with a bat, a specific number of times depending on their crime.
    Revenge feels wonderful!

I agree that it's better to move on, forgive and so on. The world would be a better place.
    It won't happen though, the desire to get revenge is just too great in some people and in groups of people. Everyone wants the final word too, it's hard to wipe the slate clean in disputes, because one party will feel like they've lost out.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    is there a possibility for this world to move forward if we're constantly keeping count of all the mishaps of the past?
    Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Some people deserve what's coming to them because they simply ****ed with people until they slipped up and messed with the wrong person. You're out of your mind if you think everyone doesn't deserve a good ass kicking every once and a while. I wouldn't want to live in a world where dicks don't get killed for being the dicks they are. The world is full of checks and balances, revenge being one of them.

There is only one person I would like to inflict revenge on, I swear it seems that he hates me for no reason, will never stop bug me, make something that's good about me and turn it into something horrible, I will be sitting in class then all of a sudden he will yell out, right in front of the teacher, something about me that will piss me off so much, he made almost everyone in my homeroom hate me, except for like 2 people, he's the only person I've ever really physically hit out of anger, besides my sister, I beat him in the stomach with my flute case like 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklok_still_rules View Post
    Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Some people deserve what's coming to them because they simply ****ed with people until they slipped up and messed with the wrong person. You're out of your mind if you think everyone doesn't deserve a good ass kicking every once and a while. I wouldn't want to live in a world where dicks don't get killed for being the dicks they are. The world is full of checks and balances, revenge being one of them.
    so then we should beat or kill anyone that has done us wrong? so where do we start and end at? who should be the first example?

Revenge? No, I don't seek it. I am interested in justice, though. There's little point to me in seeking or even wishing ill on people for past wrongs, but it would be foolish to forget negative actions and ignore their consequences. If you forgive and forget all your bad treatment without careful judgment, you just encourage the bad behavior.

When someone engages in deliberate, repeated, negative behavior, I hold them accountable and if it's sufficiently negative, I won't have further dealings with them. Generally, it's less absolute than this and I try to remain open to the possiblity that people can change. Unfortunately, that happens a lot less than people who behave badly would like us to believe.

I Must admit I'm a bit infected by Revenge, It's something I can't fight.
    It's a feeling I like to feel.

It's not a long term revenge, it's just the moment. Rage is so strong that I would break the face of the person who did something bad to me. Soon it turns into a feeling of Justice., because "he must pay for what he has done".

Revenge is a feeling that human being finds pleasant, almost necessary. It comes from the wild part hidden in our depth, that part we inherited from animals.

There's a fair balance between justice and forgiveness and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to hit the balancing point, much less please everyone.

While I love being able to exact revenge in one form or another...the good feelings only last so long, then it's straight back to the bad feelings I had before.

When I forgive, I don't feel quite as good as I do when I exact revenge, but that feeling LASTS.

EmeraldsAndLime

normally for a couple of days after something happens I'm blinded by rage and revenge... but once I realise I probably won't actually do anything about it, I just drop the whole issue. I figure there's no point in holding a grudge since the world is violent enough. Plus I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a revenge-motivated attack - it's not fun. >_>