Thread: Do you guys have a problem with ABUniverse?

Riolutot

Default Do you guys have a problem with ABUniverse?

Dude, some of you guys are assholes. Here's how the machine works: A company is small and produces a huge amount of products for a huge amount of people. If you don't like their slow service, DON'T FACKING COMPLAIN. Instead, support their program and help their services speed up. How would you guys like to work at a diaper manufacturing company? Sound great? Sure it does! Then why don't you guys support them? Why the hell do people constantly complain about their service? They got a hell of a lot of work to do, and it's not like they have the resources of Pampers. Don't say "Bambino is better, switch to them". That is incredibly destructive for marketing. You are letting Bambino be a monopoly, and that means you will receive lower-quality products and poorer services and higher prices because Bambino will have no competition. I don't see Bambino attempting training pants and more than one style of diaper. Why do you guys insist that they be the only ones available? You are destroying our right to options. And if I'm gonna blame anyone on ABUniverse's poor service, I'm gonna blame the customers.

Second, there is nothing creepy about ABU, and you guys have nothing supporting that idea. And even if there WAS, stop treating pedophilia like a modern-day witch hunt! It's not what most people in think it is. I'm not saying that rape isn't bad, but most people are as ignorant about pre-"age of consent" sexuality as people were about homosexuality a few decades ago. I'm not defending harmful actions and certainly not defending rape, but I'm just saying that people need to stop being hysterical about pedophilia as a grouped whole. I feel like I'm living in a giant nuthouse sometimes...

In with the flaming. It's worth it to try to help enlighten you guys...

Also one more thing: STOP CLOSING THREADS. That's a form of tyranny, a form of limiting peoples' rights to speak about certain subjects. It's wrong, even if you're not doing it to make people shut up about certain threads and you're doing it for other reasons.

If you guys reply sensibly, I will have high respect for you guys. But if you guys reply like a freakish mob, I will do everything in my power to demote this community and support a mature one. I do not slander, though. Honesty is the only policy for me. I refuse to hide my opinion just to be liked, and it's more important to be honest than to achieve a good goal through either slander or tact.

Hi. This thread makes me a little angry, but hey i'll give you a sensibly reply..why not? Here's the deal, people have a right to opinions just like you. If they think a company is slow with service, they have a right to say the service is slow. Does that mean there a bad company? No, it just means they have slow service and if some one is looking for a company with quicker service maybe they should choose that one instead. Bambino has been out for longer thus it has more fans. Monopoly? No. Bambino is just one of the better known ones out there in a very very small market. Your whole rant on pedophiles quite frankly scares me. You support the abuse that children under go? That's just f*cked up man. How would you feel if you were a 5 year old girl/boy that just wants to hang out with friends and do what little kids do, but you have some person taking advantage of you? There's a reason it's illegal. If you need me to go into detail about that, then maybe this community isn't for you.

The community closes old threads, not to "limit free speech". Please, i'm going to say this in the nicest way i can. Get off your soap box and realize this, if all of the threads still open they could just be brought back again and again and newer threads wouldn't be able to used and enjoyed like the old ones. If you've seen a thread that has been closed because it was inactive for so long, why don't you just repost that same idea and start a new discussion? If you want to attack this community, go for it. We can hold our own against people hating.

Riolutot

See, there you go. I told you three or four times that I DON'T support that. I'm just saying that just bringing up the POSSIBILITY of it drives a lot of people into witch hunt mode. One person mentions ABUniverse being "creepy" and everyone goes nuts. THAT'S fucked up. And before you guys decide that I'm creepy myself, I was on the bad end of this for many years. One of my foster fathers is in jail for raping me and my brother a whole lot. I know how awful it is-- but that doesn't mean I succumb to hysteria. The reason I brought this up was because some of you guys go nuts when somebody says ABU is creepy, and then you a bunch of you guys boycott them without evidence. I've seen it on the threads.

Also, you guys are NOT saying that it is just an opinion to go with Bambino because ABU is slow. A whole bunch of you guys boycott ABU and claim that they are horrible. That's not an opinion, that's destruction without cause. There's a fine line between opinion and outright destructive falsity or unproved claims.

Finally, closing threads does NOT support the creation of new threads-- and even if it did, how is that necessarily constructive to the community? No, it causes far more destruction than it's worth.

I have tried to avoid saying anything bad about ABU. For the most part, I have had excellent service from them and the time I had trouble they went out of their way to make things right.

I purchase my diapers based on how well they work. Unfortunately, the products that ABU has, while cute, do not perform to the level I need to deal with my incontinence. Nobody is insisting that you switch, people have their opinions on here and they make them known the same you are making yours known. If others have had poor service from ABU, I will not argue it. Just remember the old adage that good service to a customer may have them telling five or ten people, but poor service will get them telling one hundred.

I understand the reasoning behind why pedophilia is such a hot button among people on this site. Too often, infantilism is equated with pedophilia by people who do not understand it. Society as a whole has a HUGE bias against pedophilia for good reason: it is in our interest as a species to protect upcoming generations. Even among the lowest criminals in the worst prisons, pedophiles are considered scum. That says something.

As for closing threads, the only time I have seen threads closed is when they violate the rules that have been set down. This is not about limiting rights--if you do not own this website you have no right to post anything you like here. This is not standing on a corner and saying whatever your heart desires. This is a site set up and paid for by others. It belongs to them and they have the right to allow who they want in to post and to moderate the content posted here. It has been made very clear before that if the rules are not to your liking, you are free to find somewhere else to spend your time and money. You could always set up your own site as well.

rioulutot they were boycotting because they believed they were getting their new diapers from a company that could have had ill means for the diapers they were making, most of us know abuniverse was in it for the designs but from dealing with that website they were tarnishing their credibility

I'm sorry for what happened to you, maybe i read your first post wrong. The way you wrote that out though it appeared like you were completely fine with a person over age and a person under age doing stuff with out the person under age understanding or consenting to such a behavior. It drives a lot of people crazy for a good reason. Al though the witch hunt against ABU is a tad out of context because they aren't the site that is a member of the DK enterprise and has the underage model modeling the cushies, but can't you see where there coming from? I'm going to be honest, i truly don't see a point in this thread besides starting stuff that doesn't need to be started. People have a right to there opinion just like you.

Riolutot

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAyria View Post
    rioulutot they were boycotting because they believed they were getting their new diapers from a company that could have had ill means for the diapers they were making, most of us know abuniverse was in it for the designs but from dealing with that website they were tarnishing their credibility
    That doesn't make ABU worth boycotting. Now, I'm no ABU fanboy. I haven't purchased more than one product from them, which I don't really even use. I'm just saying that boycotting a company that creates products no one else does (which is exactly what ABU does. You won't find several of their products anywhere else, like BMX diapers) is pointlessly destructive to the market. I personally would hate to see these products cancelled. It's already impossible to find many products for infantilism that I wish existed (and frankly think should have been produced a long time ago, such as gerber-replica training pants. I've only seen one person make them, and it took me a year to find them).

Quote Originally Posted by Riolutot View Post
    That doesn't make ABU worth boycotting. Now, I'm no ABU fanboy. I haven't purchased more than one product from them, which I don't really even use. I'm just saying that boycotting a company that creates products no one else does (which is exactly what ABU does. You won't find several of their products anywhere else, like BMX diapers) is pointlessly destructive to the market. I personally would hate to see these products cancelled. It's already impossible to find many products for infantilism that I wish existed (and frankly think should have been produced a long time ago, such as gerber-replica training pants. I've only seen one person make them, and it took me a year to find them).
    you must not be looking hard enough because there are lots of products out there for infantilsim, on the topic of the training pants ive seen many out there that look like those, hell you could even get something like that commissioned because it dosent look like its hard to make. i really dont see why youre making such a fuss over this, i know theyre the first to make an allover print diaper but it dosent make the facts go away that they have done some shady buisness dealings in the past. now im not saying theyre creepy, i honestly like their products but from my standpoint im somewhat hesitant to buy from them because of the recent issues that have come to light

Riolutot

Alright. I think you guys are all making fair points. I was just so worked up over the boycott threads, and then especially them being closed, as if no one has the right to give their opinion on it anymore. Gah, I just hate hysteria though. It's the worst thing ever. I was reading on a recent anti-pedophilia vigilante thing where a ton of people got locked up because their children were coerced into telling false stories, and these people are sent to jail for several decades. Then when the children break down and say it was a lie, nothing happens. It's freaking scary, and the basic subject reminded me of the "ABU Scare". I was thinking about speaking my mind on it for some time, but today really motivated me.

But from what I hear, you guys are all right. You don't seem to be a crazy mob intent on undermining a partly great, partly flawed infantilism product company. I'm relieved.

Well, I guess this was my grand entrance. Not a great way to do it, but hey. Glad to meet you guys. Because I hate the closing of threads, I would appreciate if you guys would leave it open for a few days. Just a friendly request-- nothing necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Riolutot
    Also one more thing: STOP CLOSING THREADS. That's a form of tyranny, a form of limiting peoples' rights to speak about certain subjects. It's wrong, even if you're not doing it to make people shut up about certain threads and you're doing it for other reasons.
    A forum isn't a democracy or even a place where you have any rights. The fact that stuff keeps getting closed should be an indication to you that it is not appreciated.

closed