Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotels and disposal of used diapers

Default Hotels and disposal of used diapers

I am going on a road trip later this week and i will be diapered for most of the trip. I am really looking forward to it and not just for the diapered part. I was wondering how dispose of the used diapers in a hotel. In the hotels i am just spending a night, i will just leave it in the trash. But how about the hotel i will be at for a week. should i just leave them in the trash or find a public dumpster?

I guess a supply of plastic bags - coloured and not see through- would solve the problem - just tie the neck of the bag securely and leave in the trash. Hotels are there to care for their guests and as long as guests are discrete and take account of the susceptabilities of staff there should be no problem - I would object strongly if anyone opened a bag I had disposed of a diaper in, but at the same time would not leave a used diaper "naked and unwrapped " in any kind of trash can.

Just place them in a colored plastic bag, tie them up nice and tight and put next to the trash can like Day said. You should have no problem with the staff doing it that way.

I guess as well as putting them in a bag that isnt see through you could first put them in some kind of nappy bag, just to make sure theres no bad smells

When I went on holiday about 2 months ago I bought some Spanish nappies. In the hotel all I did was dispose of them in a bathroom bin where you had a lid on the top. No one found out

I carry plastic bags with me when i travel and stay in a motel. Grocery bags, Walmart bags work great. I put my used diaper in the bad, tie it up, no oder, throw it in the trash, know one knows what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I guess a supply of plastic bags - coloured and not see through- would solve the problem - just tie the neck of the bag securely and leave in the trash. Hotels are there to care for their guests and as long as guests are discrete and take account of the susceptabilities of staff there should be no problem - I would object strongly if anyone opened a bag I had disposed of a diaper in, but at the same time would not leave a used diaper "naked and unwrapped " in any kind of trash can.
    I agree.

Just throw them into the trash. The cleaning staff isn't going to be hand-picking the trash out of the bucket, so it's not like they'll have to touch it or whatever.

Scootalooo

I wouldn't worry about it, you could be IC for all the staff know, and they probably wouldn't think to much about it.If it's a gross one do the whole bag thing but the hotel trash will be fine I think.

Well then it becomes an issue of safety and health.

For one thing, as someone who has worked as a janitor, I can tell you that you can't plan for everything. As careful as you try to be, it's possible to inadvertently come into contact with "something nasty". And more to the point, there are a number of things one can catch from someone's bodily fluids that soap and water doesn't quite cover.

Secondly, depending on how long it takes the cleaning crew to get to your room, the smell of urine has a way of breaking it's boundaries to overpower the room it's in. It's a very persistent odor that follows you wherever it goes and is extremely tough to get out. Again, soap and water rarely seem to apply here, especially once it forms sentience and introduces itself to you.

So, for courtesy's sake you should treat a used adult diaper like a diabetic needle and properly contain it before you dispose of it.