Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposal at sports grounds

Default Disposal at sports grounds

Antone know how easy it is to dispose of nappies at sports grounds? In particular the Kia Oval in London.
    I gather the disabled toilets (which probably have bins for this purpose) are usually protected by RADAR keys. Unfortunately I dont have one.

Any thoughts/tips?

Randatar

You can buy radar keys for about 2–3 online.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Oh brilliant, might have to get one of those.
    Is my assumption correct, are there usually disposal bins in the RADAR toilets?

I wear 24/7 so have to carry a changing bag as part of bag / rucksack. I usually have a bag of large diaper bags and once changed in a regular toilet put them into one and then stash until I can find a bin.

There are bins in the majority of disabled toilets. You might also need the "I need to go" card which is published by the bladder and bowel foundation as some security people are over-zealous in challenging people they htink are able bodied and shouldn't be using disabled facilities. It is stressful haviong to explain that incontinence is a disability and yes you are entitled ot use the facilities. Like Incontinent 17 I find a bag and disposal later works well. If you go into a toilet carrying a fresh nappy in a plastic bag it looks like shopping - and it still looks like shopping when you come out with wet one in it.

I understand problems about using public toilets are greater in the US where many cubicles (for some reason I can never understand) don't have doors for privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I understand problems about using public toilets are greater in the US where many cubicles (for some reason I can never understand) don't have doors for privacy.
    Interesting. I've never seen such doorless public toilets in the US (stand-up urinals are obviously different!). Off the top of my head, the only place I know of where the sit-down toilets afford no privacy is jail!

-LL

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    The only doorless stalls in the US are the broken ones, at least as far as I've seen. Evidently, though, there are a few locales that prefer this bizarre (and frankly inhumane) preference for forced public defecation, as one can read about here: In Defense of Open Stalls. Bear in mind that these are the exceptions to the rule.

I try to avoid wearing diapers in places where I know I can't change privately. I suppose if you're IC and you're having a hard time finding a place to change, it might be a good idea to limit your fluid intake and try to avoid having to change altogether.

Mulic

The doors aren't exactly very good for privacy , when I was in America the cubicle doors all had big gaps at either side and top and bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Mulic View Post
    The doors aren't exactly very good for privacy , when I was in America the cubicle doors all had big gaps at either side and top and bottom
    It's not for absolute privacy, it's more for you to know that someone just walking by the stall isn't getting a full view of you. If they want to be a creep and walk up to the stall and put an eye up to the hinge, feel free to fling poo

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    If they want to be a creep and walk up to the stall and put an eye up to the hinge, feel free to fling poo
    LOL. And then they haul you off to the place where the toilets have no walls around them at all!

-LL