Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to express your furry side?

Default How to express your furry side?

I'm wondering how people express their furry side around others, especially around other furries? Is it a more of a mindset or do you actually act/speak in a different way?

When I'm around other furries, I have no idea how I should be acting... it ends up being kind of awkward. Just FYI, I don't have a fursuit but I do have a tail and a fox hat which I wear sometimes.

Hmmm, it's more of a mindset for me. I don't like to act differently, because for me, being a furry is an intimate part of who I am inside, not a game.

I just act like myself, which is shy and introverted. I don't notice anyone who talks differently unless in suit. I do however walk differently, I like to make my tail swoosh around behind me.

I am still new to this, but i would probably just act a lot like myself, but a lot more playful. Similar to being regressed, but different. Keep in mind, me regressed is usually like a 7-8 year old.

I tend to be playful, at least around my partner, so I bite, lick and scratch a little x3 in front of different people I only scratch and bite objects I'm frustrated with or just playing-

As for sounds, I rarely do them, usually is when I'm very happy or frustrated.

Online/through text messages, obviously you can talk differently (especially if you're a cub), but in person I'm never sure whether or not to babytalk or what to do with babyfur friends. I'm pretty playful around everyone, but I'm not sure if I should take that to the next level or not with babyfurs.

Just, you know. Relax, I guess.

No one should think 'Oh my god, hes talking NORMAL' or 'Oh my god, why is he talking like hes at an animea convention'

I mean, just as long as your not doing some obnoxious, constant baby-babble (like some people type <,< ) then your fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnites11 View Post
    Online/through text messages, obviously you can talk differently (especially if you're a cub), but in person I'm never sure whether or not to babytalk or what to do with babyfur friends. I'm pretty playful around everyone, but I'm not sure if I should take that to the next level or not with babyfurs.
    Yeah, likewise with me.

For the most part, I'm just myself. True, I've never cubbed out with anyone else, although I think I'm on my way to having a shot this fall/winter. I guess I'll have a better idea once it actually happens. However, as of now, occasionally I'll chat playfully online, but am still just my normal self for a majority of it.

I'd say just do what's comfortable. Don't go overboard, but don't hold back either. This is all about letting you inner self come out. Just let it run free; it knows what to do

Bluesteak

im new to but i can see how to act from my puppy (she's soo cute)

I an generally my fursona at school. I always have my collar on when I am, of course. ^^ I am just more playful, I'll talk a lot more freely and am craploads less shy.

As someone stated, I love to chew on anything that won't come apart in my mouth. I should actually probably bring one of those dog chew balls or something, because at one point my thumb (which I don't suck, I chew...) got sore, because I had been chewing it a lot because I was angry, ... I needed to chew something... I kinda picked the desk. That did not go over well. :P

Other than that, if I see someone who I know, I may just run up and hug them. Or sometimes I pounce them. X3 Also, wearing my coller makes me feel safer too... kinda like padding, but in a different way.

Basically just I try to be uninhibited my awkwardness and just be a wolf! :3

I don't have any IRL babyfur friends, but on Skype, if I get the rare chance when I am private IRL, I babyspeak. Also, whenever I am typing or talking as my fursona, I tend to make up compound words like bellyfurs and hugglepounce. Other than that, I talk just more playfully and take things for face value. If I get the occasional person barking at me, possibly making fun of me, I woof back and move on.