Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sad

Unhappy I'm sad

I'm sad because I know who I, am and I'm proud to be that person. Yet, I can't show my true self to anybody I know so I must always hide whatever I'm doing.

Have you ever wished to run away to a place where everything would be alright and you wouldn't be judged on whatever you do that is "Socially abnormal"?

Has anybody felt that way before?

I'm sure all of us have felt that way. But that's the reality of things, I'm afraid. I used to be upset by the fact that I'd have to keep everything in the shadows, but dwelling on it only made me sadder. I've made peace with it, and I'm afraid that's all any of us can really do. But I can definitely commiserate with you.

Only me and six billion other people.

The way I've dealt with it so far is by not giving a rat's pink poop shoot what anyone thinks of me and knowing when and where to be honest about myself.

Absolutely!
    I used to all the time, then I realized other people's opinions of me don't matter at all.
    I think the best way to deal with 'normal people,' or just anyone who would try to keep you from doing what you want to do, is to just remember what they think of you doesn't matter.

Other people can't keep you from being happy, only you can do that.

I could relate. Sometimes I feel as if I am to be nagged about what other people wants me to be and not what I want me to be. The people who let's me just be my self I stay around them.

What I would do in this situation which you could chose to or to not take this bit of advice is to go and test the waters a little bit. Don't make an ass out of your self but be polite about it.

All the best!
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
    What I would do in this situation which you could chose to or to not take this bit of advice is to go and test the waters a little bit. Don't make an ass out of your self but be polite about it.

All the best!
    Alex
    ^^this^^

I feel you, I think that we all do, it's tough when you have to be someone you're not, it's even kinda depressing. If you aren't you, then who are you? So I always try to be myself (to an extent) if you are being Crinklegamer, and people don't like it, too bad for them. You are who you are, you aren't someone else, everybody's different, they're just too scared to show it. I'm not telling you to go out in public in a onezie, while sucking on a paci, I'm just telling you to be yourself.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleGamer View Post
    I'm sad because I know who I, am and I'm proud to be that person. Yet, I can't show my true self to anybody I know so I must always hide whatever I'm doing.

Have you ever wished to run away to a place where everything would be alright and you wouldn't be judged on whatever you do that is "Socially abnormal"?

Has anybody felt that way before?
    Definitely CrinkleGamer! I feel this way a lot and I've pretty much felt different my whole life. Remember even though everyone in society uses the word "normal", really what is normal?, there truly is no normal.

Be positive, be proud, love yourself, and accept others to be judgmental or ignorant sometimes. Like everyone else said, who cares what anyone else thinks, just be yourself.

I have felt this many times in my life. My whole family judge others and they judge me since im gay. After i seen who they trully are like i started to become a lil more distant from them. Sometimes i just wish that everyone in the world wouldnt judge others who are differnt because theres no such thing as being normal everyone in this entire world always have something different and even different interests. Currently After i accepted myself being gay I started to become more open about it with others i can trust the most and live my life the way i am. Most of my life from middle school to highschool i was being something i wasnt, trying to act straight and normal like everyone else but that made me more depressed and more alone and by trying to be normal my favorite things or favorite things to do was always my friends favorites, i never had any favorite things of my own. Soon after doing that for many years i started to forget who i trully am. It was very difficult for me to be myself i had to start having my own favorite things in life then soon after i finally accepted my self being gay and then became more happy in my life. The big key to being your self is to accept yourself first and then not worry about what others think, if others judge you then you can simply push them away as they do to you. To have friends that treat you different arent them good kind of friends that would show care to others. In order to live a good life gotta find them good caring accepting friends even if there online. =)

alu

I think that mostly all of that have felt like that in one point in there life.

Quote Originally Posted by snydead View Post
    I have felt this many times in my life. My whole family judge others and they judge me since im gay. After i seen who they trully are like i started to become a lil more distant from them. Sometimes i just wish that everyone in the world wouldnt judge others who are differnt because theres no such thing as being normal everyone in this entire world always have something different and even different interests. Currently After i accepted myself being gay I started to become more open about it with others i can trust the most and live my life the way i am. Most of my life from middle school to highschool i was being something i wasnt, trying to act straight and normal like everyone else but that made me more depressed and more alone and by trying to be normal my favorite things or favorite things to do was always my friends favorites, i never had any favorite things of my own. Soon after doing that for many years i started to forget who i trully am. It was very difficult for me to be myself i had to start having my own favorite things in life then soon after i finally accepted my self being gay and then became more happy in my life. The big key to being your self is to accept yourself first and then not worry about what others think, if others judge you then you can simply push them away as they do to you. To have friends that treat you different arent them good kind of friends that would show care to others. In order to live a good life gotta find them good caring accepting friends even if there online. =)
    Thanks, it's nice to see that some people stick together. I think that since High school, I've tried to be like anybody else because I feared being judged (I had a pretty rough time during high school, it really was painful), but now, I know who I really am and I must hide it because people have whole other perspectives of me. Even my parents would be in shock, because who they think I am is completely different from reality and I don't want to create some distance between my parents and me. So, I learned, at a high price, that my true self must never be known by my relatives and close friends and because of that, I have an even harder time trusting people. That's pretty much how it is.