Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if one of your kids' teachers was an ABDL?

Default What if one of your kids' teachers was an ABDL?

This has been weighing on my mind for a little while now. I am going to school to be a teacher. And while i plan to keep my personal and professional life VERY far apart, i am worried what would happen if it ever came out. So even though you are all very accepting of ABDL's, would you still be accepting if you found out someone put in charge of your child was one?

And how do you think a school board would respond if it came out that a teacher was one? Even f there was no student ever involved?

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Also... if you are not afraid to admit it, are there any Teachers on Adisc? And what has your experiences been.
    Last edited by LilMonkeyAlex; 02-Sep-2011 at 00:03.

I'm also heading into teaching soon, and I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind.

I think, though, one has to be realistic and consider how in the Hell something like this would ever come out in the first place. We're all savvy enough to know we must keep it to ourselves and not exactly enter it into menial conversation. It is perhaps unnecessary to wonder how a parent might react if their child's teacher was 'outed' since it is incredibly unlikely to happen.

As to your other points... Being ABDL myself obviously means I would be more understanding. I could differentiate between the person's private life and their professional one. This is the obstacle, though, with non-ABDL. Were a 'normal' parent to be informed of such news, you are then facing the typical stigma of being a weirdo, sicko or paedo... And in turn, a school board would find it difficult to remain supportive since they will be expected to act and must be seen to do so.

EDIT: Re-reading the title, I've just realised I probably shouldn't have posted, since I'm not a parent! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    I'm also heading into teaching soon, and I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind.

I think, though, one has to be realistic and consider how in the Hell something like this would ever come out in the first place. We're all savvy enough to know we must keep it to ourselves and not exactly enter it into menial conversation. It is perhaps unnecessary to wonder how a parent might react if their child's teacher was 'outed' since it is incredibly unlikely to happen.

As to your other points... Being ABDL myself obviously means I would be more understanding. I could differentiate between the person's private life and their professional one. This is the obstacle, though, with non-ABDL. Were a 'normal' parent to be informed of such news, you are then facing the typical stigma of being a weirdo, sicko or paedo... And in turn, a school board would find it difficult to remain supportive since they will be expected to act and must be seen to do so.

EDIT: Re-reading the title, I've just realised I probably shouldn't have posted, since I'm not a parent! Sorry!
    Well maybe not just for parents as the other 3 questions are for most...

AS far as how it might happen, as careful as all of us are. There is a 'caught' sticky on the forums for a reason. It happens almost everyday and it is not always just careless teens (sorry teens, but you know it happens more to you than adults). So one way or another it usually finds its way out to the light of day for some, if not most.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    So one way or another it usually finds its way out to the light of day for some, if not most.
    While this may be true in our home lives, with parents and siblings etc, how likely is it to be discovered in our work lives?
    Unless you wore to work and leaked/showed - which I think you'd be smarter than anyway - this news would have no way to penetrate your work at school, as I see it.

I do know that we have some teachers as members here, though I am not one. Personally, I advocate keeping the private life and professional life VERY well separated.

One thing to think about is the recent thread Diaper/Bondage fetishist Joseph Garbarini Trial-- Your thoughts?. I am not suggesting in any way that just because someone has a diaper fetish and is a teacher that this sort of thing will happen. On the contrary, I think it is more likely that this was a pedophile who also happened to have a diaper fetish. Personally, I would think that we have a number of teachers across the country that are into one weird kink or another that are never found out. Honestly, does it matter if your math teacher likes bondage with her husband? Or if your english teacher has a foot fetish? As long as it is kept out of the school, it should never enter the equation.

The place I have a problem is when a pedophile becomes a teacher, because then the sexual fetish is being fed by the occupation. There is too much opportunity for them to harm children. For teachers that have a sexual fetish that does not involve kids, I don't see how said fetish can be an issue if it is kept away from the classroom.

I am the same as Dan and you, Alex, I too am studying to be a teacher and having my parents found out, and discussed with me, they too worry for me as they believe that, although they believe I am not, the community may see me as a peado if I was ever found. But I don't see how I would ever be found out unless, as Dan pointed it out, making it obvious. I do fear for what may happen as I want to teach young children. I just wish we could do something.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshE2810 View Post
    I do fear for what may happen as I want to teach young children. I just wish we could do something.
    Snap - I'm aiming for primary.

There's really nothing we can do, but keep it as private as possible. It would be suicidal to wear to school, and even if the kids/parents ever saw you in public and you happened to be padded, they're never really gonna figure it out.

It all relies heavily on the choice of people we tell... Should anyone shoot their mouth off to the wrong person, when drunk or otherwise, it could trickle through to a parent, which inevitably means reaching other parents, too. And sadly, rumour is enough.

"Fling enough shit and some of it is bound to stick..."

I am going for elementary (primary) also. But it will be the older elementary kids. Hopefully 3rd to 5th grade. Too much younger than that and the kids scare me. :P

For someone with AB tendencies actual babies - 1st graders scare me. I like when they reach the age where they can be a little more independent and start to think for themselves, but are not so old where they think they no better than adults.

Even Being a DL,

I would not want an ABDL teaching my kids in Elementry School. Middle School maybe? Highschool I wouldnt mind

I really mean no offense to anyone, Its just something I wouldnt be comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Even Being a DL,

I would not want an ABDL teaching my kids in Elementry School. Middle School maybe? Highschool I wouldnt mind

I really mean no offense to anyone, Its just something I wouldnt be comfortable with.
    No offense taken... to be honest. I dunno if i would or not. But can i ask why?