Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24/7 wearing skin issues.

BabyJayk

Default 24/7 wearing skin issues.

Okay so I recently started wearing 24/7 again. ( prior to this I wet the bed, and had very infrequent daytime accidents recently my daytime accidents have become more frequent,which is why i quit wearing all the time in the first place, probably due to stress, so anyway) so after about 3 days the skin on my hips got really red and welted up. Then I stopped wearing a few days and the skin peeled off. (maybe this is TMI but I am freaking out). Anyway, I am not sure what to do to prevent this. Suggestions please?

Sounds like allergy to the plastic. if i tape my too tight and wear for a few hours I also break out with certain brands. I don't remember the brands thou sorry.

Hmm, I've never heard of the skin on the hips welting up like that before. I wonder if you had an allergic reaction to the diaper plastic or something. I dunno, maybe try a different diaper and see if it comes back?

Hows the fit? If it's on the hips and not somewhere with padding and wetness it makes me think friction/chafing.

actually had the same thing happen to me turns out I am rather allergic to the adhesive in the tape which was seeping through plastic, and by very allergic I mean it took 6 months clear after figuring out the cause, both hips were entirely red puffy and weepy until I found the cause. My best solution was to apply benadryl cream to help clear and then cover area with a good zinc oxide based diaper rash cream turns out it moisture blocking properties also help block the adhesive in the tapes.

Could you possibly change the brand or try using cloth nappies instead? If it is an allergic reaction, why not save yourself the inconvenience by wearing something that won't upset your skin (not as much, or preferably, not at all).

It'd be nicer if you could be comfortable while wearing these items. It being on the hips sounds like either an allergy or chafing, like what the others have said. And that's no fun at all.

It might be you need a little while to adjust to wearing - but you might like to tery something like Tenaflex which has a lot less plastic in contact with the skin and no adhesive because of hte velcro like fastening. Some kind of barrier cream might help as well.

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Could you possibly change the brand or try using cloth nappies instead? If it is an allergic reaction, why not save yourself the inconvenience by wearing something that won't upset your skin (not as much, or preferably, not at all).

It'd be nicer if you could be comfortable while wearing these items. It being on the hips sounds like either an allergy or chafing, like what the others have said. And that's no fun at all.
    I have tried different brands of disposables, and I have tried cloth for some reason the same thing keeps happening. ??? no clue why??? I am a really heavy wetter when it does happen could that have something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    I have tried different brands of disposables, and I have tried cloth for some reason the same thing keeps happening. ??? no clue why??? I am a really heavy wetter when it does happen could that have something to do with it?
    are you staying in an overly wet nappy for a long period of time? cause if so your skin might be getting galded from the wetness and friction

Hi Babyjayk - If you are wetting a great deal you might have the answer to your question. Is it possible that the waistband of your diaper is getting wet? - if so it will chafe and cause both discomfort and all kinds of soreness. The non absorbent parts of diapers are not made to be in contact with the skin when wet - and it is not a good thing to leave cloth nappies on too long because the same thing can happen. The answer might be to have a really absorbent high capacity diaper and if you are prone to soreness of any kind the better quality (and sadly more expensive) brands are usually a lot better than budget brands. You might want to try baby oil - or something similar,but if you do keep it away from the absorbent parts of the diaper as it stops them soaking up well.

Hope this helps