Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

Default Smoking

I've got a question, because when I described this problem to my friends after my first time smoking a cigarette, they seemed confused like it was incredibly abnormal. Maybe it has to do with the amount - the first time I smoked I had 4 or 5, I guess usually people just have one or two.

Anyway the next day, I had a HORRIBLE case of the munchies. Like my stomach was in absolute agony, and the second I ate a bite of bread, it vanished. I'd been drinking pretty heavily that same night as well.

Nicotine is supposed to be a hunger suppressant...I would think I'd get the munchies if I'd been smoking pot, but I've never touched the stuff.

Anybody else had an experience like this, or am I just screwed up?

:P

This happened like four months ago or so, and I've never even thought to ask about it online, where the widest variety of advice would come from ^_^.

I haven't had any cigarettes since, or anything else to smoke. Not really any desire to either, that addiction is reserved for liquor =/.

EmeraldsAndLime

You were drinking all night and smoked a bit.

My guess is that you didn't eat very much that night and you were just really hungry when you woke up.

I know that when I go out, I usually have dinner at about 7pm or so, then drink the rest of the night. By the time I wake up the next morning I'm pretty hungry.

i think its normal cause it happens to me if i don't eat then smoke

I was a bit dehydrated when I woke up, but not hung over. The hunger pains really didn't start setting in until several hours later, near noon. I woke up at about 7am with the sun. I'd stayed out probably until 3am drinking, smoking a bit as well. I solved the dehydration issue pretty quickly by drinking plenty of water .

I ate plenty during the day, and had half a pizza that night, which is more than an adequate meal for somebody my size.

It's not really anything that worries me - if it was, I'd simply never touch alcohol or tobacco again. Just curious if it really was as abnormal as my friends seemed to think =/.

I would say if you were drinking anything with alcohol, that is what gave you the munchies.

What you feel is not hunger, it's sort of a sick feeling, you eat and it go's away, and comes back a little while later, but if you start drinking it will go away untill the next time you sober up, and it starts all over again.

My therory on this is, this is what keeps people drinking, and paves the road for alcoholism.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I would say if you were drinking anything with alcohol, that is what gave you the munchies.

What you feel is not hunger, it's sort of a sick feeling, you eat and it go's away, and comes back a little while later, but if you start drinking it will go away untill the next time you sober up, and it starts all over again.

My therory on this is, this is what keeps people drinking, and paves the road for alcoholism.
    That would make sense. It only happened during nights where I'd get really smashed, and it only lasted the day after. I didn't really feel an urge to drink more, but I really wanted to eat, bad.

The "I need a goddamn drink" thoughts didn't crop up until about 3 weeks later with no drink. Kind of unexpected, all of the sudden that's all I could think about =/.

My stomach also could have been emptier than I thought. I've never drank on an empty stomach, because I know how bad that can be, so I've always tried to eat a fair bit - but when it starts getting late into the night...well....those of you who've been drunk probably know what I mean =/.

I spent alot of time in just this situation, this is I believe, what helps cause alcoholism, just like a doper needs another fix the drinker to sooth the stomach first eats some food, and then to drink after the food fix didn't work.

I really don't think its drink that gives you the big fat gut, its eating to try to feel better.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mfgs. of beer, and other alcoholic drinks, add something, just like the cigerette mfgs. to keep you hooked and a good customer.

But that is just my opinion, but I think it's highly likely given corperate greed.

Nah, drugs are addictive on their own the reason why people get addicted to cigarettes is the nicotine, the reason people get addicted to beer is the alcohol. There is no need to put anything else in because those work magically. The addiction always comes from the active drug in whatever it is. Like pot besides the fact that it is impossible to have a physical addiction to THC people love the feeling and become mentally addicted. Nobody smokes pot because they like the taste just like nobody smokes cigarettes for that reason.

I actually had a brand of Marlboro's that I did smoke for the taste. No. 27, I think.

Well, maybe more to take the edge off being drunk, but let's say I didn't mind the taste at all and it wasn't even unpleasant. I've never been a regular smoker, I just mix it with alcohol to "take the edge off" if you know what I mean. Since I only combine smoking with drinking (and even then only rarely) I've not had more than probably 15 cigarettes in my entire life.