Thread: quitting smokeing

Default quitting smokeing

hello i was just wondering if any one had any ideas on the best way to quit smoking cigarettes .

i have tryed alot of things so far without any luck i would prefer a natural way to do it and am just wondering what you guys have had luck with.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebear1223 View Post
    hello i was just wondering if any one had any ideas on the best way to quit smoking cigarettes .

i have tryed alot of things so far without any luck i would prefer a natural way to do it and am just wondering what you guys have had luck with.
    I stopped an-some years ago. My RL son , who was 11 at the time, had always had a really expanded food allergy. But when we went for testing the last time, the doctor said he could finally eat things with eggs or milk in it (cheese, cake, ice-cream, whatever you want). So he did, but 2 weeks or sum'n later, the doctor called, saying they examined the test results a bit closer and concluded that he should IMMEDIATELY stop eating and drinking egg/milk products. Of course he was deeply saddened, and to comfort him, I told him I'd quit smoking, which he always wanted. And I did! It was a tad hard in the beginning, but it just got better and better. If you don't really have anybody to quit for, like me, I suggest decreasing more and more, until you feel like you can do a few days without. And from there, I think everything will be just fine

Hope I helped, and good luck! xxx, MissMira

thats very sweet i wish i had someone to quit for i dont unfortunately and on top of everything my step dad smokes and it comes right in the house and i hve to smell it.

thats one of the mane things that is making it hard for me but i will try the cutting back slowly trick i have done this in the past and it does seem to work unless you cheat.

any other suggestions

---------- Post added 05-09-2011 at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was 29-08-2011 at 16:02 ----------

any one else want to add something it would be very greatly appreciated i am having a tough time doing this myself and really need support at this pointi dont know what to do.

SurfinSeaLion

I've heard to replace it with something helps. Like gum. Doesn't have to be anything special for smokers but just normal gum. You gotta make yourself think it does the same thing.

The lozenges worked for me the 4th time but I kept using them like 4 months.
    May 14 was two years quit. May 18 after a 3 month jail stint I smoked 2 then 2 and 2 more and was back to smoking again and rolled my truck 8 times and lived.

I quit smoking for 4 months by chewing gum (normal chewing gum) for the first week of quitting.
    Sadly i have started smoking again 2 weeks ago but see myself quitting again very soon.

Scootalooo

I've tried all the products, all of them weren't great. I'm going to try an E cigarette, apparently there good. anyone tried them?

Mulic

Quote Originally Posted by MissMira View Post
    I stopped an-some years ago. My RL son , who was 11 at the time, had always had a really expanded food allergy. But when we went for testing the last time, the doctor said he could finally eat things with eggs or milk in it (cheese, cake, ice-cream, whatever you want). So he did, but 2 weeks or sum'n later, the doctor called, saying they examined the test results a bit closer and concluded that he should IMMEDIATELY stop eating and drinking egg/milk products. Of course he was deeply saddened, and to comfort him, I told him I'd quit smoking, which he always wanted. And I did! It was a tad hard in the beginning, but it just got better and better. If you don't really have anybody to quit for, like me, I suggest decreasing more and more, until you feel like you can do a few days without. And from there, I think everything will be just fine

Hope I helped, and good luck! xxx, MissMira
    omg. that is soo nice of you. ^^, shame about the doctors not examining it closely in the first place

Hey there i think the best way to give up is going cold turkey.....i wouldnt waste my money on patches and all that ...i used to smoke myself and i am now off them about 12 years but you have to say to yourself that no excuse's im going to quite ....dont keep telling yourself thats its to hard ...there too addictive......the end of the day you have to really what to quit.....