Thread: Babyfur art

Default Babyfur art

So I've been trying for so long to draw my own furry picture, but I seem to lose confidence when I'm not even half way through the drawing. I'd rather not ask someone else to make one for me, as jealous as I am of their talent, but I would just have a greater sense of self fulfillment if I made it myself.

I can make it through making the skeleton, then making the general outline of the body, but as I progress through the drawing it just become more skewed and disoriented looking. I've gone as far as coloring and just flat out give up there. I know I'm supposed to be patient with the coloring and use 2-4 colors to start out with then shade the whole thing, but maybe its just when I get down to detail that I give up and the whole thing seems like wasted time.

I seem to have no inspiration for this, I've tried hand drawing and digital-from-scratch and I have given up on both. Is there any way I could somehow get my inspiration back? Or is there a step by step process out there on the internet on how to specifically draw furs? I have a book, but it does not do a good job of telling how to do babies, so I end up messing it up in the end.

---------- Post added 29-08-2011 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was 28-08-2011 at 23:52 ----------

Never mind I have found Draw Furry – how to draw furry art, photoshop tutorials, comics and manga tips and some other tips on ADISC after searching a bit further on google (apparently the ADISC search isn't as good XD)

you can always try FA.

revathescarf and tavimunk are wellsprings of information =3

Yeah I ended up finding a great topic in the ADISC forums via Google that linked to FA. I also happen to know tavimunk a little bit, funny thing is I didn't know he was an artist until after I met him.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdljosh View Post
    Yeah I ended up finding a great topic in the ADISC forums via Google that linked to FA. I also happen to know tavimunk a little bit, funny thing is I didn't know he was an artist until after I met him.
    hehe I remember that chat ^^

Holy crap. I just realized TaviMunk posted here...! You have some pretty top-shelf e-fame!
    Last edited by squashNstretch; 13-Sep-2011 at 05:34.

Quote Originally Posted by squashNstretch View Post
    Holy crap. I just realized TaviMunk posted here...! You have some pretty top-shelf e-fa
    ya making me blush ^^ *hides*