Thread: Acer Help Needed

Default Acer Help Needed

I just recently got a new laptop. Its an Acer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The trouble I am having is with the Intel HD Graphics. I open up the Intel HD Control Panel, and try to set my window scaling to fullscreen. I click apply and okay and then okay again and the control panel shuts. I go back in and the scaling goes right back to Center. Obviously this is an issue, since I am trying to play KotOR, but it is not being displayed in fullscreen. Why is it resetting back to center when I exit, and not staying on fullscreen like I want it? What can I do to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

Also a bit more information. KotOR only has up to 1024x768 selectable as a resolution on my laptop, even though on my desktop, it has up 1280x960.

From my experience Acer is cursed and is powered by a demon inside rather than Intel, not that there is much of a difference.

It wasn't until I kicked box machines to the curb and built my own AMD powered beast that I stopped having troubles.

PS The beast is old and toothless today, but soon "We will rebuild him; stronger, faster, better!"

Intel is the shit, but I digress.

Brobably pre loaded drivers combined with a propriatary screen on your laptop. Welcom to the world of pre-built computers.

If I was you I would reinstall Windows to get rid of the unneeded software that pre-built computers come with

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    From my experience Acer is cursed and is powered by a demon inside rather than Intel, not that there is much of a difference.

It wasn't until I kicked box machines to the curb and built my own AMD powered beast that I stopped having troubles.

PS The beast is old and toothless today, but soon "We will rebuild him; stronger, faster, better!"
    Lol I can now go to sleep now that I have laughed Zzzzzz...Zzzzzzzzzzzz...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ......Z...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Arenskunk View Post
    I just recently got a new laptop. Its an Acer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The trouble I am having is with the Intel HD Graphics. I open up the Intel HD Control Panel, and try to set my window scaling to fullscreen. I click apply and okay and then okay again and the control panel shuts. I go back in and the scaling goes right back to Center. Obviously this is an issue, since I am trying to play KotOR, but it is not being displayed in fullscreen. Why is it resetting back to center when I exit, and not staying on fullscreen like I want it? What can I do to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

Also a bit more information. KotOR only has up to 1024x768 selectable as a resolution on my laptop, even though on my desktop, it has up 1280x960.
    Give this a shot:

How toget fullscreen. - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Message Board for PC - GameFAQs

Some games do some funky hotkey toggle to do full screen / window. Lemme know if you have any questions or if it works! :P