Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EA's Origin

Default EA's Origin

So... I actually downloaded Origin recently... twenty minutes ago to be exact... and I already like it better than Steam.

I've reactivated my four or five EA games on it already... and I found a few games on my EA account I didn't even realize that I had owned...

<3

What are your guys' opinions, and please god dont' post if your just going to say it's trash without giving logical reasoning.

My dad accidentaly installed it for a need for speed game, on his system.

wanted to blame me for this strange 'originiz' program neither of us had heard of.

Later I was told my EA account was now an origniz account.

Finnaly looked into it, but not far.

Im not jumping on it unless it can magically grant me the rights to my TES: oblivion game, that SOMEONE in the family lost.

Oh, EA knows I own several PS3 games, and with my PS3 giving me the yellow light again (because SOMEONE over-heated it, and broke the sauder that we JUST fixed together >.>)

I think ill take a look at it, actually.

What makes it so much nicer then steam though?

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    My dad accidentaly installed it for a need for speed game, on his system.

wanted to blame me for this strange 'originiz' program neither of us had heard of.

Later I was told my EA account was now an origniz account.

Finnaly looked into it, but not far.

Im not jumping on it unless it can magically grant me the rights to my TES: oblivion game, that SOMEONE in the family lost.

Oh, EA knows I own several PS3 games, and with my PS3 giving me the yellow light again (because SOMEONE over-heated it, and broke the sauder that we JUST fixed together >.>)

I think ill take a look at it, actually.

What makes it so much nicer then steam though?
    I like the overlay better, and I like the way the library is set up so I don't have to wait ages to start a singleplayer game when my net is running slow.

About Oblivion, I'm not sure if it's an EA game or from a game company that EA is producing for, but if it is, if you still have the key it MIGHT(key word might) be able to be activated on Origin and able to be downloaded directly from the client, with no need for the disc at all. But I'm not sure if it works with origin, because origin is strictly EA games.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I like the overlay better, and I like the way the library is set up so I don't have to wait ages to start a singleplayer game when my net is running slow.

About Oblivion, I'm not sure if it's an EA game or from a game company that EA is producing for, but if it is, if you still have the key it MIGHT(key word might) be able to be activated on Origin and able to be downloaded directly from the client, with no need for the disc at all. But I'm not sure if it works with origin, because origin is strictly EA games.
    I dont think its an EA game. if it was, I would *Littearly jump on it.

suppose torrents.
    I REALLY dont like torrents. Torrents are slow, and scary.

atleast pirateing a game you paid for (and thus own the license too) is a perfectly moral thing to do.

But, yea. Ill have to check it out...like now-ish.

I dont own much EA, though. :S

Steam has a giant array of games over a giant spectrum of different developers and companies.

Origin is just EA games, and EA games tend to be a bit bland and same-old, same-old.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    Steam has a giant array of games over a giant spectrum of different developers and companies.

Origin is just EA games, and EA games tend to be a bit bland and same-old, same-old.
    Except... they aren't? Almost every game that EA has produced, to me, that aren't sports games at least, have something different and new to come back for. Like Battlefield 3, which is going to require Origin to run, or SWTOR, which is ONLY being digitally distributed through origin.

Two of the most anticipated games of the year, and BF3 has won 80 awards and is just coming out of alpha.

Edit: Also, the reason Steam has such a wide variety of games are because a lot of people put their games on Steam because there is no other way they'd get them to the public.

Except... they aren't? Almost every game that EA has produced, to me, that aren't sports games at least, have something different and new to come back for. Like Battlefield 3, which is going to require Origin to run, or SWTOR, which is ONLY being digitally distributed through origin.

Two of the most anticipated games of the year, and BF3 has won 80 awards and is just coming out of alpha.

Edit: Also, the reason Steam has such a wide variety of games are because a lot of people put their games on Steam because there is no other way they'd get them to the public.
    Whoa, bud, this wasn't really for debate. Personal opinion. I didn't say I didn't like EA games. I prefer Steam over Origin as I tend to find Steam has a better gaming community, and the wide-array of games top Origin's little amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    Whoa, bud, this wasn't really for debate. Personal opinion. I didn't say I didn't like EA games. I prefer Steam over Origin as I tend to find Steam has a better gaming community, and the wide-array of games top Origin's little amount.
    You're posting an opinion in a thread that was meant for discussion, I'm going to reply as if you were opening it for discussion.

EA does have a large stock of different games. However only a few truly AAA developers. Bioware, DICE, Crititon, EA Sports and whatever the real CoD team is doing in their new studio owned by EA.

So let's see. EA on the PC

Mass Effect 1-3
    Dead Space 1 and 2
    Dragon Age 1 and 2. Second one I heard sucked for a wide variety of sources likely since RA demanded a speedy output of it.
    Burnout Paradise
    a single Mirrors Edge (EA's being too fucking stupid to greenlight the 2nd. Proof link Mirror's Edge 2 Development "Stopped" - Report)
    BF series, with BF3 coming out soon.
    The Star Wars MMO which I think is either going to do very well or crash and burn. There's been no true middle ground for ANY mmo's that cost a monthly fee.

So yeah EA does have some good even sometimes great games on the PC. Also SWTOR and BF3 require Orgin even if you buy retail. So far all I've seen is Orgin copy Valve's lead but changed it enough in GUI that valve wouldn't have a shot at fileing copyright or IP lawsuits. EA already had a download manager and they saw it really sucked and was hurting sales, so they decide to follow the industry leader in digital game managment. but they also throw in

If you don't play a game for 2 years, Orgin has the right to delete it permanently from your account. Now why would EA even want to delete a game you paid them for?

I really find EA quite sinister; they're kind of like the Newscorp of the Video Games Industry. However I realise that games like mass effect 2/3 bad company 2, battlefield 3 and mirrors edge aren't possible without them. But oddly enough as Fire2box states the 5 star titles are made by companies that have been sucked into EA's vortex