Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Default Battlestar Galactica

Any fans here? I'm talking about the new SciFi series, not the old 1970's series. I'm absolutely obsessed with the show. I have an idea for a story line involving a Cylon boy, however, it would not involve diapers so should probably post to some fan-fic site instead of here. What do you think?

MyWorld

I think that noone else likes Battlestar Galactica. However, do not let this discourage you.

What a pity that would be if no one else was watching such a great show. It's one of the Sci-Fi channel's most successful programs (which doesn't really say that much) and it's a critical success (this bit is the big surprise for anything from that channel).

I was a fan as a kid of the original, but I knew that it didn't hold up very well over time. Despite having little more than nostalgia for the old show, I was really dubious about a remake. Still, I decided to give the pilot miniseries a shot and while I wasn't totally sold, it was much better than I expected. I tuned in for the series when it came around and was almost immediately hooked.

So, short answer, yeah, I'm a fan and I'm eagerly awaiting the last episodes of the season, whenever they get around to showing them.

I love the first three seasons of the new show. The mini-series I actually didn't particularly like, but luckily someone assured me that the series itself was much better, and so I gave it a chance. Unfortunately, I don't have cable, so I haven't seen any of the fourth season yet. While it would be more expensive, I still kind of hope they release it like they did with the second season, split into two different DVD sets, so that the first one would be coming out fairly soon, instead of in another year or so.

Default Great Drama

The thing that makes BSG so AWESOME! is it is more about the lives of the characters (Drama) than it is about the science fiction. They address topics such as politics, religion, fidelity in marriages, breast cancer, etc... None of the characters are purely evil, and none are all the way good. That's how I like it.

And, I love the Cylons. They are on a very spiritual journey, and in case you didn't realize, they (not the humans) are monotheists. The Cylons want desperately to be loved by their makers AND at the same time they hate us. The ongoing love/hate/erotic relationship going between Baltar and the number 6 model is just fascinating.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I would like to write a story involving a Cylon child (probably Boxy, the kid that was dropped after the mini series). I think he should be a Cylon orphan seeking out the love of human parents. I would probably have to post such a story on another web site, as it would have nothing to do with diapers.

MyWorld

oooo!!!! Im a fan!!!!

I still think Baltar is a Cylon still, i just can't get it out of my head!

I watched the old series on NBC.com and the old one doesn't get anywhere near the depth and detail the new series has. Great series overall and for those that think it's just a fancy sci-fi soap opera needs to have Raiders come down and burn your house :P

I liked what I seen but that was only the first 8 episodes. The last one I saw was where they try to decide to let prisoners vote for president. Anyways it looks fraking good to me.

It IS fracking good, Fire2Box - Fracking good. I understand you can download all the shows to iPhone if you don't want to rent/buy the DVDs. Anyway, you should just watch the entire series.

--Are you Human, or Cylon!!

MyWorld

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    It IS fracking good, Fire2Box - Fracking good. I understand you can download all the shows to iPhone if you don't want to rent/buy the DVDs. Anyway, you should just watch the entire series.

--Are you Human, or Cylon!!

MyWorld
    Yes since it cost more to do it that way then renting the dvd's and ripping them to a blank.