Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picky Eaters

Odl9791

Default Picky Eaters

Okay, this idea came from the Things I Hate thread. Part of me feels this is childish, but the majority of me thinks "I ain't touchin' that s***. So what are your food dislikes. I won't eat beans of any kind unless they are jelly beans (even then it's only starburst jb or Jelly Belly) No leafy greens, except for lettuce, and if my pasta is in anything but marinara, don't even offer. Anybody else?

Well since you are mentioning my post from the Stuff i hate forum. You already know i dont like anything on my cheeseburgers or pizza. i also dont really like any ethnic food. esp. mexican

Only a few things, really. Don't like brussel sprouts. Don't like asparagus. Don't like bell peppers. Don't like celery (which is the perfect way to ruin a wonderful lobster roll). A few things I have non-taste issues with like creamed spinach (tastes awesome, but slithers down the throat). Aside from that, not really.

I don't like mayo, eggs, and for the most part, cheese.

The last one is of significant annoyance because "no cheese" is one of those things that just gets forgotten at restaurants and especially fast food joints. I can't count the number of times I've ordered something (Especially take out) only to get home and find they ignored the "no cheese" and from my perspective ruined my meal. I don't even order anything that comes with cheese on it by default any more.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    Well since you are mentioning my post from the Stuff i hate forum. You already know i dont like anything on my cheeseburgers or pizza. i also dont really like any ethnic food. esp. mexican
    What he (my soul mate) said. Especially the ethnic food. I'm sure they're each a lovely group, but Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Thai... No. Not for me. Spices and shit annoy me and hurt my tongue!

I also stated in that thread about my beige palate. I don't seem to eat anything of any colour. I dislike all vegetables, and the only fruit I can just about tolerate is bananas - though I probably eat less than two-per-month.

I also have a big problem with any mushy, squishy or runny. This discounts all soups and sauces. I eat pasta, for example, just with grated cheese on it *Yum*

I had several operations on my mouth when I was younger (cleft palate repair) which left me eating soft foods for months (soggy cereal, ice cream, pasta etc) and I now believe this had led to my picky eating. For me, now, it's about textures. The minute I see a food, I just know/imagine how it's gonna feel in my mouth, and that just puts me off.

And as much as a friend or two laugh about it and make fun of it, it's a fucking difficult thing to live with!

So Dan, let's turn this around. What do you eat? Mostly proteins?

Also, aren't bananas about as soft as fruit can get?

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    i also dont really like any ethnic food. esp. mexican
    I know tons of people who say that, and will even say it while eating Italian. Do you go for pasta?

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    So Dan, let's turn this around. What do you eat? Mostly proteins?
    Junk food, I guess. Processed frozen food (chicken nuggets/sausage rolls/burgers)... Pizza... Pasta (as described)... Chips... Garlic bread... Sausages... Toast... Cheese sandwiches... Rice (on its own) - I'm venturing into fish, but... It's a long and arduous journey before I get there! (There's a smell to contend with now, too!)

... And I wonder why I'm starting to get a bit of a tummy =/

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    Also, aren't bananas about as soft as fruit can get?
    Yes. Precisely. Hence why I don't mind them so much. They kind of fit in with my 'post-operations diet', so... Have stuck around ever since.

Looking back over this post, I am genuinely embarrassed. But believe me, nobody here can say anything that friends/my Mother haven't said before! I know it's shit, but there's not much I can seem to do about it now.

The older I get, the more I dislike vegetables. It's gotten so bad that my wife makes me drink V-8 Juice, which is high in salt, I'm sure. I do like corn, spinach, potatoes, cauliflower, and baked beans, but after that, the veggies go down on a long descending list, with asparagus and lima beans at the bottom.

I also hate to have my foods mix together on my plate, thus, I hate casseroles. Aren't you all glad you don't have to live with me!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post

I also hate to have my foods mix together on my plate
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This too. I hate pies/casseroles/trifles for this very same reason.

And I always, always have to eat one type of food at a time i.e chips first, then accompaniment.

I used to eat hot dogs a lot when I was younger, now I've lost pretty much all taste for them.

I don't really think it had anything to do with finding out that they are pretty much just every part of the pig thrown into a wrapper that couldn't be made into ham steaks which is where I hear most people lose their taste for it.
    Last edited by jiffypop; 28-Aug-2011 at 02:10. Reason: wrong tag style