Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think theres any way to reverse infantalism?

Default Do you think theres any way to reverse infantalism?

Do you think that theres any way to reverse wanting to wear diapers / act like a baby? Do you think its possible to catch it at a young age or even older or is it there for good?

Im just wondering because I have heard many people say that you are who you are and noone can change it and then others say that through therapy and talking and what have you, you can. I honestly wouldnt give up my infantalism for the world but I was just wondering what everyone else thought about it?

People have managed to give it up for years only to have the urges come again. Not a good thing when you are now married to someone who may or may not freak out, divorce you and tell the judge "she does not feel comfortable leaving the kids with you" because of it.

I've always viewed my diaper urges as a curse. I've purged and thrown out stuff, been caught multiple times and yelled at.... still can't shake it. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    People have managed to give it up for years only to have the urges come again. Not a good thing when you are now married to someone who may or may not freak out, divorce you and tell the judge "she does not feel comfortable leaving the kids with you" because of it.
    Sad but true. It's the reality we live in.

I've tried kicking my feelings hundreds of time with failure. I'm not sure if there is a way to reverse it, but I've just come to accept it in stride.

alu

Not fully, its possible to leave the urges for years but they just come back. Before I accepted myself at a time where i thought it was wrong. I kicked it for a year or so just by replacing the need for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Good call. To try and shake the feelings in an effort to appear more 'normal' in the eyes of others only worsens the situation. While I didn't deny my feelings from my then-girlfriend, I think I may have downplayed their importance to me upon first mentioning 'that side' to her. Although we have reached a good level of understanding and I can pretty much be 'me', if I had revealed it sooner, I think things would have gone smoother for both of us.

The feelings won't go away. They are ingrained and while they can fade over time, they will come roaring right back. I have gone through this more than a few times: a few months on, a few months off. Trying to force it out of you will only throw off the rest of your psyche and complicate matters. Just be open to yourself and, furthermore, those whom you may consider having a long-term relationship with. Do that and the more adult side of you will gain strength and grounding as well.

WarrenW

"Do you think theres any way to reverse infantalism?"
    No. Learn to enjoy it, it's here for as long as you are.

Therapists who engage in so-called "regression therapy" slowly bring their patient from infant to toddler to young child to teen...you're noticing the pattern. No need to go on. lol

I think infantilists go to the age that is most comfortable and stay there because they like it. If they enjoy it, they see no need to move forward developmentally. I suppose it could be done, though, if one willed themselves or saw a professional.

Supersam1223

As far as I am concerned, there is no way to get rid of them, I sometimes go through periods where my urges are much less, and I find it easy to abstain from indulging, other than sleeping with my plushie, but I find it very difficult to sleep without him. I have been goin through one such period for the last couple of weeks, but I think the urges will be back to normal in the next week or so.

I believe that with enough will power, you can abstain from it but I do not think that this is particularly healthy, with the stress it would add to your life, nor a permanent solution as I believe that you would eventually cave and have to indulge.