Thread: AB/DL Communities?

Default AB/DL Communities?

Are there any places out there (small towns, middle of nowhere, etc.) where AB/DLs can act and interact as they want in public? Like a community of sorts for AB role-players and their 'families'.
    I'm just curious about it after reading about something in a fanfiction. And now I'm wondering if there is such a place, and if it's close enough to visit, even after I move.

Have y'tried Googling it?

I can't imagine there is... There must be all kinds of legal barriers - at the very least - and maintaining some kind of secrecy or peace-and-quiet would surely be impossible...

... God knows the Amish get a hard time of it!

I was at an AB/DL campout a couple of weeks ago. It was just regular camping with different clothes. Very little out in the open age play and no changing each other in full view or anything like that.

If there were enough ABDLs with money in one place I could see a summer villiage being established. Or maybe a site with semi perminent permenent buildings like what some large SCA events are run on. A full on town with year round services an jobs all filled by ABDLs doe not sound feasable. And it might attract a lot of negative attention the same way religious compounds do.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    A full on town with year round services an jobs all filled by ABDLs doe not sound feasable. And it might attract a lot of negative attention the same way religious compounds do.
    Pretty much this!

If there was such a thing.. it would be pretty damn hard to find. If it was easily found.. there'd be some guy on CNN screaming about it right now...

There are a couple of camp outs in the states and at least one in Canada. Something to plan for next summer.

Cherub

yea, just the occasional summer AB/DL camp outs that I know of. Other than that, no, I have never heard of anything like that. And even at the AB/DL camp outs, if they take place in a regular public access camp ground, you would have to take caution to not be too 'out in the open' with what you were doing.

The best I ever heard was a weekend at some AB/DL's house out in the country, where being so far away from city lines afforded some ability to be a little more open. But not much more than that.

The one I was just at was at a private group camp with no visibility from the logging road.