Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infertility in girls?

Default Infertility in girls?

Can wearing diapers cause infertility or other similar issues for girls?

The last few times I was wearing one (which isn't often), I ended up feeling sore on both sides of my lower abdomen, around the area where one's, ahem, ovaries should be. The pain went away in about a day. I guess it was from heat overload. Could this lead to long term side effects?

Just to be safe, I'm quitting cold turkey...

No, it doesn't cause infertility. What in diapers could /possibly/ do that? (Rhetorical question- obvious answer, nothing.)

I know there a risks for guys, but I don't think there's any risks for girls.

thedon

what are the risks for guys?

Quote Originally Posted by thedon View Post
    what are the risks for guys?
    If you spend too much time in diapers, for example 24/7, there is a risk of infertility as the heat generated in the diaper can hamper the bodies sperm making ability as proteins denature amongst other things. wearing once in a while won't do any damage though.

This is the exact reason your testicles are on the outside of your body... They aren't made to handle 98.6 degrees all the time, which is exactly what a diaper can do to them. This is another reason I don't wear very much in summer. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty123 View Post

The last few times I was wearing one (which isn't often), I ended up feeling sore on both sides of my lower abdomen, around the area where one's, ahem, ovaries should be. The pain went away in about a day. I guess it was from heat overload. Could this lead to long term side effects?

Really unlikely. Your ovaries are far enough inside that they're at your body's core temperature. There's enough blood flow around all your internal organs that any locally elevated temperature at skin level caused by diapers would never get to the egg factories. Its different with boys because the testicles hang free, and would typically be at lower than core temperature, unless constrained by clothing such as tight briefs or diapers.

Diapers could conceivably be a factor by fostering more infections in that area. Inflammation and scarring in any of the reproductive plumbing could cause infertility.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty123 View Post

Welcome to ADISC!

I'm not sure if you made this account to post this question, of if your actually interested in the support group. But I would suggest that you make a Intro post in the Introduction section. We don't want to start off on the wrong foot, do we? ^_^"

Again, welcome to ADISC, enjoy your stay!

-Plum

Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    No, it doesn't cause infertility. What in diapers could /possibly/ do that? (Rhetorical question- obvious answer, nothing.)
    Actually, there is a teeny tiny minor risk of infertility, for both men and women, but slightly more for women. As everyone knows, mens peepee and their little swimmers come out of the same hole, which is pointed (generally) well away from the other hole. Women are laid out slightly differently, and if fecal matter was to get into the vagina (say from wearing a diaper and going number 2) all sorts of ugly infections can incur!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Actually, there is a teeny tiny minor risk of infertility, for both men and women, but slightly more for women. As everyone knows, mens peepee and their little swimmers come out of the same hole, which is pointed (generally) well away from the other hole. Women are laid out slightly differently, and if fecal matter was to get into the vagina (say from wearing a diaper and going number 2) all sorts of ugly infections can incur!
    I haven't heard much specifically mentioning a risk in having one's fertility drop with regards to females going padded, but as Talula aptly pointed out, it can affect it indirectly through various infections.

Additionally, since women have much shorter urethras than men, it is also easier for them to catch urinary tract infections. Wearing a soaked diaper for an extended period could lead to one.

Although the choice is yours, you might not need to go cold turkey immediately. There are various precautions you can take that will allow you to enjoy you're little side and still have little ones in the future. When in doubt, ask a medical professional. ^_^