Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iResign...

Default iResign...

... So Steve Jobs has finally quit.

Maybe now... One day... We'll have Flash on the iPhone.

Thoughts, ladies and gents?

I very much dislike apple and steve jobs..

But the flash thing.. that was weird. I read the memo.. and actually agreed with everything the man was saying. Flash is resource hungry and flaky... annoying on a desktop, and definitely something you don't want on a phone.

Flash needs to die, and soon.. and having a popular device not supporting it is a nice little shove in the right direction.

alu

Steve jobs quit ,thanks for making me aware ,ive always loved apple ,from what i googled tim cook takes over but who knows ,also flash works if you jailbreak your iphone and install a certain app ,Ect.

But think how visionary Steve Jobs is, and all the things he as initiated, things we now take for granted. He took Apple from the garage, into one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world. I'm sure he has stepped down because he is dying from pancreatic cancer. I think he needs a little care from all of us who have benefited from his intelligence and ability to put great ideas into something practical.

My 90 year old mother in law got an iPad for her birthday last weekend from us. She heard about the earthquake news on her iPad and we thought she was pretty cool. The fact that she can use it to look at videos of her great grandchildren, play spider solitaire and do crossword puzzles on line reveals how well the devise interfaces into a diverse society. I think the world will come to miss Steve Jobs. I must confess, I am not a tech wizard, so this is just my somewhat ignorant opinion.

I myself admire Steve Jobs. He did something amazing. He is living proof that if you dream big and work at your dreams they can come true.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    My 90 year old mother in law got an iPad for her birthday last weekend from us. She heard about the earthquake news on her iPad and we thought she was pretty cool. The fact that she can use it to look at videos of her great grandchildren, play spider solitaire and do crossword puzzles on line reveals how well the devise interfaces into a diverse society. I think the world will come to miss Steve Jobs. I must confess, I am not a tech wizard, so this is just my somewhat ignorant opinion.
    to play devils advocate, windows 7 with firefox could be just as easy. The problem I think is people like my mom's boyfriend of 10+ years don't want to learn how to use computers.

Anyways even if apple does fall (which only idiot apple fanboy's likely think.) there will be google to take it's place. The companies are roughly the same in my view. Though one doesn't pander to it's consumer's as if their feeding a infant in a high chair telling them whats good and right for them.

I admire Jobs for what he accomplished, even though I don't care for or use any of his products.

Since I don't understand why people let themselves get retailed by Apple, I can't predict if that will continue without Steve at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    But think how visionary Steve Jobs is, and all the things he as initiated, things we now take for granted. He took Apple from the garage, into one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world. I'm sure he has stepped down because he is dying from pancreatic cancer. I think he needs a little care from all of us who have benefited from his intelligence and ability to put great ideas into something practical.
    Indeed; he was the first to think about stealing Xerox's ideas. =)

Anyways, Steve Jobs was very intelligent, but at the same time a very arrogant and inconsiderate person. He did a lot for apple since he came back, and it's sad to see him go especially with cancer and being terminally ill. I do wish him and Apple the best of luck.

Steve Jobs is resigning as CEO and Tim Cook is taking his place. Jobs failing health played a factor in this and I hope he fights off his cancer. As for the future of apple, I still continue to think they will lead the way in innovation and consumer friendly products. Tim Cook shares many qualities with Jobs so not much will change in my opinion.

But a great run for Jobs. He resigns as CEO when apple has more funds than the us government, is the #1 most valuable company in the world, beating hp in china laptop sales and destroying hp practically. Good run I say.

As much as Steve Job's wants to say that HTML5 is the future of web browsing that doesn't stop 95% of websites out there from using flash. While more sites are devoting R&D to get around this for iphone users, this time could be better spent on actually improving their site instead of basically what I see as re-inventing the wheel.