Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EMS, FDNY and NYPD not invited to 10th anniversary of 9/11 ceremony

Default EMS, FDNY and NYPD not invited to 10th anniversary of 9/11 ceremony

Article here

This is a complete outrage, it sickens me to think someone would do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    http://http://www.emsworld.com/web/online/Top-EMS-News/Rescuers-Not-Invited-to-911-Memorial/1$17943

This is a complete outrage, it sickens me to think someone would do this.
    That link doesn't work...

Responders Not Invited to Memorial on 9/11 Anniversary
    I think this was the one you were looking at?

<i>A city official told the newspaper that that the amount of space at the new memorial and security logistics have forced to city to schedule a separate ceremony for responders on a later date.

Family members of the nearly 3,000 killed in the attacks were invited, along with President Barrack Obama and former president George W. Bush.</i>

A big disappointment, but there are always going to be a limit on the number of people you can invite, and someone will always have to lose out - not saying this was the right decision but it's something you have to deal with.

I feel kinda bad that I stopped caring about 9/11 years ago. Right around the time they made the 9/11 commemorative coins.

9/11 aint that the day ex president bush's buddy had some a holes fly plains into the twin towers just to take away more of our freedoms we where enjoying here in the good ole USA.

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
    9/11 aint that the day ex president bush's buddy had some a holes fly plains into the twin towers just to take away more of our freedoms we where enjoying here in the good ole USA.
    First, I'm a liberal and even I think that this is rather paranoid and delusional.

Second, this forum isn't the place to be snippy. If you want to engage in intelligent and earnest conversation, then so be it. Your post really isn't neither. You're an intelligent person, there's no reason to not act like it.

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

As to the actual issue, what's the alternative? Not invite half the victims' families? There's a limited amount of seating and it's not as if there's a huge VIP list taking seats from first responders. I think the way this is being handled is as fair to everyone as possible. Life isn't fair, and 9/11 itself was a lesson in that.

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
    Well now you done it. Better start running and hiding before THEY get you dood.

As for the topic discussion. I think it's a shame they can't be invited on 9/11 and I get why there's a limit on the people invited for that day's activity's whatever they may be. However I think that if there was going to be a second attack on 9/11 terrorist's would at least be smart enough to attack anyone other place BUT ground zero. I think it's kinda stupid that people are worried about a 2nd attack on the same place unlike a new target such as Seattle, Huston, Portland, or any city/town for that matter.

If the majority of terrorist groups weren't seemingly more stupid then retarded chimps, they would easily realize doing attacks on small, random towns would be more effective then keep trying to blow up/crash airplanes. Which so far has worked 3 times, 4 if you count the 1988 plane bombing.

Terrorist's, proving that humans can be more stupid then retarded chimps since 2001.

10 years, bloody hell already.. i was in year 5 or was t year 6.. anyways primary school.

so for me and for the world, 2001 was the gateway into a new era with highs and lows.

While I can see how this angers some people, if they do have a limit on the amount of people who can attend (which is understandable with logistical issues) then you have to adapt accordingly. The police and fire services deal with bad things on a day to day basis, and while this particular event was horiffic, they are to some extent always prepared to meet fatalities in their line of work. I'm not saying because of that they shouldn't be invited, they worked incredibly hard to save as many people as possible and they should be able to pay their respects equally. However to me it would be far more disrespectful to not invite the families who lost relatives in the event, that's like commending the rescuers but forgetting those who died, and you either have to invite all the families or none of them.

It's never an ideal situation when you have a limit on the people you can invite. But I think this outcome, and still holding a separate event for the servicemen, is much more acceptable in most peoples' minds that the other way around.

I live in NY and was in the tower 2 when the first plane hit. I am a life long New Yorker and very proud to be......except when I hear our mayor trying to explain why OUR HEROES are not invited!! We lost so many friends, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, sons and daughters on that day and to have another ceremony for them on another date is a slap in the face. Ever since 9/11 people all over the country come to our city to see ground zero, but on the actually day while everyone was running from the towers these men and women were running into the towers knowing full well that they were probably not coming out. Those that did make it out alive and who haven't died from an illness relating to being at ground zero should be in the front rows. So many people owe their lives to them, me included. Don't get me wrong, my heart breaks for those that lost loved ones on 9/11. My own family thought they lost me until I finally made it home at 1am and I don't think any of them should not be invited, I think that when they were planning the memorial site, they should have made damn sure it was big enough for everyone!!

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

I live in NY and was in tower 2 when the first plane hit. I am a life long New Yorker and very proud to be......except when I hear our mayor trying to explain why OUR HEROES are not invited!! We lost so many friends, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, sons and daughters on that day and to have another ceremony for them on another date is a slap in the face. Ever since 9/11 people all over the country come to our city to see ground zero, but on the actually day while everyone was running from the towers these men and women were running into the towers knowing full well that they were probably not coming out. Those that did make it out alive and who haven't died from an illness relating to being at ground zero should be in the front rows. So many people owe their lives to them, me included. Don't get me wrong, my heart breaks for those that lost loved ones on 9/11. My own family thought they lost me until I finally made it home at 1am and I don't think any of them should not be invited, I think that when they were planning the memorial site, they should have made damn sure it was big enough for everyone!!