Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phobias

Default Phobias

So, I'm wondering if anyone here has any phobias. I'm not talking about scared of something, i mean straight up phobias. i personally have a phobia of ear drops. if you come at me with ear drops, i WILL punch you in the face and run away. my mom and step dad had to hold be down to make me take my prescription ear drops i had a few years back i was that scared of them. (run on sentence ftw)

I have a phobia similar to yours. Mine is of people touching my bellybutton. Don't know why I have it, but it can really be a pain in the ass to clean my bellybutton with the fear that it will split open. *shudders*

Anything to do with my eyes being touched. Similarly, I can't watch other people's eyes be touched which makes it hard to watch some horror movies. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    I have emetophobia, fear of vomiting.
    Me too, makes feeling a little sick a rather big deal for me. Quite annoying. That and needles, I've got a lot better with shots, but having blood drawn... I'll avoid that wherever possible, thank you very much.

And wasps, they just scare the shit out of me sometimes. Don't really know why, they just do. I'm learning not to react so much though...

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    I have emetophobia, fear of vomiting.
    Oh me too, and I have a phobia of needles, bees, and falling (I'm not scared of heights, I just get really scared around the edges of cliffs)

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Me too, makes feeling a little sick a rather big deal for me. Quite annoying. That and needles, I've got a lot better with shots, but having blood drawn... I'll avoid that wherever possible, thank you very much.

And wasps, they just scare the shit out of me sometimes. Don't really know why, they just do. I'm learning not to react so much though...
    Wow it looks like we have a thing or two in common lol :P

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trevor; 24-Aug-2011 at 06:01. Reason: merging posts.

I have a fear of ladders, I won't climb a ladder under any circumstance unless it's grounded into something. I think the reason is because I fell off a standing ladder as a kid. Oh, and I also greatly dislike bats. I have had a few of them in my hallway over the years and I have never liked having those winged bastards dive-bomb me. That's never fun.

WildThing121675

Catperson

I'm the only one I've ever known to have this fear, but I am horrified of jellyfish.

They have no brain, and yet they're a sentient animal. They could be anywhere in any natural body of water at any time (and yes there is a freshwater one-- I've done my research). They're a pulsating mass of deadly tentacles, waiting to drift into you and encompass you.

To a lesser extent, I have a fear of any toxin/disease in general.

SurfinSeaLion

Big bugs that can fly. I get scared outta my mind if its big and can fly. I was at a friends house ne night in the basement playing on his 360 then I saw a misquito eater and got scared outta my mind and went upstairs.

I would say balloons. Don't know really why but they freak me out~! I think it's the loud pop I'm really scared of but I just try and avoid them at all costs. Also roaches. I mean it's not like a "ew" kind of thing, for me I kind of have a mini panic attack and freak out for a while before finally spraying it to death and being unable to even try and pick it up :/

Both phobias can be really annoying. I try to get over them and it just doesn't work ):