Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (the TV show)

Default Game of Thrones (the TV show)

I just watched the first two episodes of Game of Thrones this morning and so far I'm really enjoying it. However it is dark and brutal. I hope the series see's a long life since it's expertly shot, extremely well acted. exactly what I wanted out of games such as Dragon Age or The Witcher and only one of those is good ( The Witcher).

Also you don't need to be into fantasy stuff like dungons and dragons or LotR, etc to fall in love with this show. Best show that I've seen since the My Little Pony and Wilfred.

I've watched the first season twice and I've bought (but not yet read) the first four books. I aspire to be more like Tyrion Lannister, that guy is like my new hero. Even my mom, who usually despises violent movies, loved it. If complex plots don't scare you and you can stand seeing a lot of gore and skin (this series is definitively not PG13) then I would highly recommend it. Definitively the best new series this year so far IMO.

HBO has stated that they where behind the show for the long haul (not surprising considering how well Game of Thrones did), so I'm not too much worried about that (especially since they are shooting the second season right now).

Yeah, Game of Thrones was pretty epic. I watched the first season while it was on and the second after it ended I was sad that I'd have to wait a year for the next season.

On the positive side though I do have Boardwalk Empire and Dexter to keep me occupied at least for a short time, so it's not all bad.

I watched the first season and enjoyed it

I felt the season itself was too short and I am afraid ill lose interest waiting for the next one

I showed my dad the first episode tonight and he thought it was pretty good. however I haven't been able to get him to watch a tv series since mythbusters. Which he won't watch at all anymore. I told him that it's like The Pillars of Civilization which he really like. From what I heard the two are more or less the same but Pillars is more about religion and god rather then ruling a kingdom.

Also after the first two episodes I like Tyrion (the dwarf brother of the queen) the best out of all of them. Also the Direwolves are really cool and were really cute as cubs. I was glad Snow got one as well.

Tsuma

I've seen the entire first series. Can't wait for the next ^^ also the guy who plays the Khan is gonna be Conan in the new movie. Gonna be epic

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDragonWolf View Post
    I've seen the entire first series. Can't wait for the next ^^ also the guy who plays the Khan is gonna be Conan in the new movie. Gonna be epic
    Conan is already out and it freaking BOMBED at the box office opening in 6th place I think.

Conan the Barbarian - Rotten Tomatoes

I wish I had HBO =/ Oh well I can wait til it comes out on dvd. HBO produces the best quality mini series'.

Adum

Oh I have read all the books so far. Game if thrones, clash of kings, a storm of swords, feast for crows and a dance with dragons. Let me tell you. The story gets better and better. And more darker. Not to spoil anything but quite a few of the main characters die. I'm not saying which ones. Anyway I love the show and tryion lanister and eddard stark are really good characters. But daneryers targerian is soo good in a dance with dragons. Highly recommend the books and the show

Quote Originally Posted by iPampers View Post
    I wish I had HBO =/ Oh well I can wait til it comes out on dvd. HBO produces the best quality mini series'.
    You don't need HBO to watch it. However watching it without having HBO is very much likely commit piracy. Anyways companies are going after uploaders rather then people who can download. Anyways the dvd set of the first season should be out soon enough, it didn't take Walking Dead long to get it's DVD set.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymazza1 View Post
    Oh I have read all the books so far. Game if thrones, clash of kings, a storm of swords, feast for crows and a dance with dragons. Let me tell you. The story gets better and better. And more darker. Not to spoil anything but quite a few of the main characters die. I'm not saying which ones. Anyway I love the show and tryion lanister and eddard stark are really good characters. But daneryers targerian is soo good in a dance with dragons. Highly recommend the books and the show
    I think I'll start reading the books once the series is over. Also I saw a list of people who are dead in the books and was like 0_0 just at the numbers.