Thread: Wet spots at back of leg gathers...

Default Wet spots at back of leg gathers...

I'm wondering if anyone here experiences a similar problem to what I have been seeing as of late. I've noticed after sitting down for any amount of time, that I'll have little wet half-moon shapes on the back of my pants, following the line of the bottom of the diaper as it comes out from between my legs. Obviously that would normally mean a leak, but this happens even when I'm dry. What's happening is that the plastic directly against the skin of my legs is making that spot sweat, and since there is no padding there to soak it up, it just wicks out onto my pants. It's noticeable enough that one of my roommates (who knows about my interests) noticed and awkwardly told me that I had sprung a leak. Needless to say I was very embarrassed, imagine trying to explain to somebody, oh no no that's not a leak, it just gets more awkward as you try to explain.

Anyhoo, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced anything like this, and if they've found a solution. I've tried powder and it doesn't work very well.

I've never heard of this... interesting.
    The most I can say is try to wear something like underwear over. That way you shouldn't have such as huge spots because the underwear should absorb some. hope that helps.

Sounds like you might want to try switching to cloth disposables for the breathability factor - it's not normal to sweat enough around the legs to cause major wet patches!

I've had problems kinda similar before with getting sweaty and the sweat making spots on my pants when it gets really hot and I start to sweat really bad, what I found that did the best job is buy some antiperspirant and put it wherever you're having problems. It stops you from sweating as much. Good luck

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    I've had problems kinda similar before with getting sweaty and the sweat making spots on my pants when it gets really hot and I start to sweat really bad, what I found that did the best job is buy some antiperspirant and put it wherever you're having problems. It stops you from sweating as much. Good luck
    Ah! I'm honestly not sure why I didn't think of that! I'm gonna have to try that next time. Thanks for the tip!

Sounds like you have the pinhole problem.

A few of my Abena M4's have had the pinhole problem. Basically, the sodium polyacrylate crystals come in contact with the plastic backing, and push tiny holes through it when the diapers are packaged. You won't notice the issue until you have wet, and applied pressure to the spot with the holes. Cloth backed diapers don't seem to have that problem however.

I have never had that problem, but I agree that the use of boxerbrief will solve the problem almost entirely. If the plastic is making your leg sweat then placing the cloth of the boxerbrief there will take away the sweat from plastic. Also, plastic pants will definitely take care of the problem if they are good quality, but again, should be used in conjunction with boxer briefs for your sweating. If you sweat that much though you might need to drink more you could dehydrated very easily.