Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half a diaper....is better than no diaper at all!

Default Half a diaper....is better than no diaper at all!

I want to check out if i am alone in being frustrated by diapers that become saturated/sodden in the front and need changing while the back stays bone dry. I resent this as I buy my own and they cost!

This does not happen when I am lying down and so I guess part of the reason might be that adult diapers were originally designed for people who were bed bound. I have also pondered the old question about whether there really can be an effective unisex adult nappy - and is design still firmly rooted in the needs of female wearers?

I have used pads designed to go inside plastic pants - longish rectangular ones which "wick" liquid into the whole pad very quickly.

My solution would be for manufacturers to build some sort of fast wicking material into the diaper so as to help spread the wetness across all the available padding.

Until they do I guess i am stuck with diapers that are only half full, but all bunched up with only a 1/3rd to a 1/2 of their capacity used.

Or am I worrying about nothing?

supposedly the Fabine Exclusive does just that, still I share your complaint and woe. a universal spread of the wicking would be tremendously nice.

Hi dayand night, as a male you are going to come across this problem alot, best thing can do is make sure when you are in your nappy, that you are pointing downwards, that will help wet the bottom of the nappy, girls have it so much easier.

I can only echo what the other (male) posters in this thread have said. This is a common problem, and, unfortunately, has a lot to do with the location of your peen. I've seen males soak the front of their diaper to the point of yellowing, while I wet the same amount (sometimes MORE) and find the diaper still holds a good few wettings. However it's not that much better for girls; I often find the front of my diaper mostly unused, while my butt is so soggy I clearly need a change. You can either a) accept that you may not be able to use a diaper to its 'full capacity', or b) find 'creative' positions for piddling to direct the urine where you want it to go.

Of course, being IC, the second isn't really an option...so all I can do is say 'Yup! It sucks...but it's what happens when you have a peen!'

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

I can only echo what the other (male) posters in this thread have said. This is a common problem, and, unfortunately, has a lot to do with the location of your peen. I've seen males soak the front of their diaper to the point of yellowing, while I wet the same amount (sometimes MORE) and find the diaper still holds a good few wettings. However it's not that much better for girls; I often find the front of my diaper mostly unused, while my butt is so soggy I clearly need a change. You can either a) accept that you may not be able to use a diaper to its 'full capacity', or b) find 'creative' positions for piddling to direct the urine where you want it to go.

Of course, being IC, the second isn't really an option...so all I can do is say 'Yup! It sucks...but it's what happens when you have a peen!' and suggest (as PCBaby said) you keep dayannight jr. pointed downwards.

I'd say it might be a good thing if your diaper don't saturate all over the back. That way your skin stay dry.
    The problem is, if the diaper leak because it can't absorb fast enough and concentrate the urine in one spot.

Thanks Bob - I think I have commented elsewhere thar a booster pad - preferably the kind without a plastic backing can help a lot and encourages the wee to otherwise unused parts of the diaper. On long trips away from home i use these - and remove/dispose of them after the first wetting leaving the main diaper ready to cope with a good bit more. Also the insert pads are smaller and more easy to dispose of discretely than a full sized nappy.

i agree with bob111 a dry back side is much better at preventing the dreaded diaper rash. When the front of my diaper is really soaked it's time for a change.

Kathryn

Yeah girls don't have it much better, we leave the front dry and end up with huge soggy bums for the trouble!

it's strange, that given there is a very easy fold for terry nappies that takes into account whether you are a setter or a pointer (work that one out furries), that some of the adult nappy makers haven't taken it into account and seen fit to make a range of gender based nappies seems a little short sighted. Perhaps we should campaign for one?

The Abena Abri-Let Maxi boosters are mostly pulp, not SAP, so they do a good job of wicking moisture. Might be worth a try. Works for me, at least.