Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why do non incontinent people want to be

Default why do non incontinent people want to be

Hi All,
    I am trying to understand the thought process, or desire to be incontinent when you are not. I am IC, so laying down it's more of adribble, sitting or standing I flood. Given the huge difference it makes to your life, especially initially, why would anyone choose to be IC?

I don't want to be IC, but some do because they enjoy using their diapers, so they want an excuse to wear them all the time. Personally, I don't see the appeal, as you can wear diapers 24/7 anyways.

I think that it's usually because they want to have that same loss of control that a baby has.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smonjith View Post
    I don't want to be IC, but some do because they enjoy using their diapers, so they want an excuse to wear them all the time. Personally, I don't see the appeal, as you can wear diapers 24/7 anyways.
    I can sympathise with the excuse thing. Sometimes when wearing a nappy it's easy to think along the lines of "wouldn't it be great if I were incontinent, then I could wear nappies all the time!".
    Personally I recognise this as an idle fantasy, of the sort you'd never actually want to come true, however I get the impression some people don't!

Quote Originally Posted by PCBaby View Post
    Hi All,
    I am trying to understand the thought process, or desire to be incontinent when you are not. I am IC, so laying down it's more of adribble, sitting or standing I flood. Given the huge difference it makes to your life, especially initially, why would anyone choose to be IC?
    This will almost certainly offend someone...but, it's simple biology. Fact. So, here goes. Most of them are immature teenagers. Their frontal lobes (responsible for determining consequences) have not fully developed meaning not only are they *not* accounting for how this would affect their lives, they are not *capable* of fully doing so.

Others just say it because it plays into a fantasy but would never actually go through with it "in real life."

As for those who genuinely want it and are fully aware of the consequences...I can't pretend to understand them =/.

Hi all,
    and thanks for the comments, Draugr, I'm sure you are right, at least about offending someone. However I'm hoping we will get some of those the profess to want to be IC and see what their rationale is.

My speculation "/armchair" is that these people who are intelligent enough to weigh the consequences and still desire the state of incontinence is a feeling of either legitimacy or ease of guilt.

Allow me to give my hypothesis. This really could only work for diaper lovers and not adult/teen babies. An AB/TB is always aware of the fact that it is a fantasy. Sucking on the nuk is not going to make you a toddler again and while temporary IC might be appealing for the fantasy it is not something he/she wants in his/her real life outside of the fantasy.

Diaper Lovers on the other hand, those who are not merely into diapers as a sexual fetish, seem to attach a meaning to the diaper. Whether it is a calming effect or some other crutch, the diaper lover feels much more at ease in a diaper and would love to spend his/her entire time in a diaper. Therefore, the Diaper Lover might want to feel a sense of legitimacy, in other words, a reason to wear the diaper 24/7.

One might say, why not simply wear 24/7 without giving up control? For them, they might feel this is living a lie. A lie that a quick medical checkup that urologist could clear up rather quickly. They want, I am guessing, to be able to say they wear diapers out of genuine need if ever caught. For them also, the sense of using the diapers for their intended purpose might add to the crutch image the diaper represents for them. Meaning, they want to live their lives in adult environments while diapered. They have weighed the negatives and somehow, for whatever reason, feel the cost, the added hygiene, the embarrassment of leaks, the need to redo your wardrobe, worth the price of the mental boon being in diapers gives them. They feel the diapers give them the confidence to succeed and use them like a security blanket.

Now, while I do not endorse this course, there is nothing inherently unhealthy about this practice except that "good luck" regaining countenance later. The reality is that a teenager is not old enough to make that kind of decision based on reason (if reason is to be had) and therefore they, as well as any adult desiring this should be presented with the facts that are IC lifestyles. It is expensive, embarrassing, and limiting on the activities you might have once enjoyed. You will be forever worried about leaking, praying your bed pad works if you leak a lot at night and many other things besides (like rashes, infections, etc....)

Just my 2 cents

Okay, I am one of those people who has often fantasized about being incontinent. When I've had the opportunity to pretend and practice being incontinent, as an unknown individual among a completely new group of people, I found it to be so much trouble that I discontinued my plan within four or five days. But they were very, very enjoyable days. I felt that I was doing something my body and mind wanted. Why do I want that? I don't know and I don't think I ever will.

Why do people like to smoke cigarettes? Well, that's easier. Their bodies take in nicotine when they do, and the person prefers to feel the effects of nicotine instead of the effect of the disruption of the standard intake they're used to. But for some people, it goes beyond satisfying a physical desire. They really, emotionally and truly, enjoy smoking to the point that it fills a hole in their lives. I'm not a smoker. I've smoked probably 50 to 80 cigarettes in my life, but (fortunately!) my affinity for nicotine is weak enough to avoid smoking as a habit.

Most people are not recreational diaper wearers. After they grew out of diapers as a toddler or stopped wetting the bed, they didn't miss diapers. If, later in life, they lose some bladder control due to injury or old age or surgical consequence, they will probably think their new physical need is a great and unwelcome and embarrassing hassle. But I am not one of them - my affinity for diapers is strong enough to enjoy wearing them as a habit.

Though, just like most smokers and most recreational diaper wearers, I'm unwilling to create a social/employment situation that allows me to indulge in my desire all the time.

*whew* That was kind of fun. :-)

Hi Irataliw,
    nicely thought out. I doubt many of them think about how they will tell their future partners that things like lovemaking can end up with them being peed on or in or ending up in a wet bed, as well as the usual social stigma.

Whisko welcome to the thread,

you said "they will probably think their new physical need is a great and unwelcome and embarrassing hassle", I can assure you it is, Firstly throw away most of your underwear and normal fitting or tight fitting tousers, short shirts or t shirts go as well. Now start to think where you are going to store your nappies or pads or cloth nappies and pants, your talc, nappy rash cream, barrier cream. Start thinking about where you are going to buy your waterproof mattress cover, pillow cover and duvet cover from, don't forget to think about protection for your furniture and car seats after all those leaks are sneaky and will creep up on when you least expect them.

Now think about where at school/colelge or work you are going to be able to change and wash, and while we talk about changing, don't forget to get a changing bag and stock it with nappies, pads pants, soap, flannels, towels, creams, powder, dry clothes, socks and shoes, bags for wet nappies, bags for wet clothes, bags for wet flannels and towels, disposable pads to sit on.

On a bad day (24hrs) assuming I don't make it to the toilet at all I can go through between 9 and 12 very large pads [url=http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/browse/age-uk-incontinence-large-shaped-pads-5220/] or nappies. At night time I use cloth nappies and pants, assuming I don't make it to the toilet I will usually go through 2 cloth nappies and pants a night, sometimes 3. And lets not forget the cost of all this, physically, emotionally and financially. So no, being IC isn't fun at all.

I would not want to be IC all the time. But, when I am trying to engage in AB play, I would like to have temporary IC to help fulfil the fantasy. I dislike having to focus so hard to wet in a nappy.

But, I would never want to be IC 24/7 as I fully understand it can be detrimental to your standard of life having to manage it.

But for the sake of fantasy, I hope I have explained why I would want to be IC.